• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa Bay could be interested in Shula

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, csx said:

He was fired by the 6th previous coach 17 years ago. That's not really turning around and hiring him.

I'm pretty sure if my job fired me from an analyst position no matter the time sequence they sure aren't going to hire me as Supervisor even years later..my point was that he was fired..hiring him back at a higher position would be crazy..

The only thing Shula did for cam that was great was to trust and allow cam to his own decisions on the the field. Up until that point everyone was calling for his head but cam makes good calls on the field and of sudden Shula is great Iam not buying it. Can't wait for him to leave.

16 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

I'm pretty sure if my job fired me from an analyst position no matter the time sequence they sure aren't going to hire me as Supervisor even years later..my point was that he was fired..hiring him back at a higher position would be crazy..

Coaches hire and fire coordinators mot the team. McDermott is chomping at the bit to go to Philadelphia 

Shula would be a very good fit for Tampa.  I would hate to see him go there because that means Winston will become a much bigger weapon for them just like Cam did for us and Garrard did when Shula was quarterback coach for the Jaguars.  I only hope that whoever we bring in wont change the system but continue to tweak it and develop Cam even more.  If Shula had left a few years ago it would have been a disaster but he is far enough along in his development that he can handle the change without a big regression like you have seen with Alex Smith years ago and Kaepernick with the niners currently.  People dont seem to understand the amount of time it takes to develop a quarterback and how important continuity is to their development.  Fortunately I know that Rivera does gets it.

53 minutes ago, Panfan35 said:

The only thing Shula did for cam was take him from a one read, look to the sidelines for the call, run with any hint of pressure raw green quarterback and develop him into a MVP quarterback in only 5 years. He taught him how to read defenses and master an offense that was tailored to him.  Shula took an offense of makeshift pieces and a few stars and made them into the most prolific explosive offense in our franchise history. People who were calling for his head were typically football ignorant fans who had no clue what they were seeing or going back a decade to look for things to complain about. Shula was the best thing that happened to Cam and it is great that Rivera had the balls to keep him so we could witness this fantastic season. He will surely be missed if he leaves but at lest he leaves us in good hands with a great franchise quarterback.

FIFY.     Now you sound like a smart educated poster.  

3 hours ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

I see the Lovie Smith firing as a way to grab Chip Kelly..a mobile quarterback with Winston and a great running game as well with Doug Martin

Bring in Kelly to f*ck sh*t up even more..which this trainwreck could possibly be in the NFC South..or it might work..

Tampa let Lovie give his end of season press conference.  They had no intention of firing him until they started having Chip Kelly thoughts.  Remember, they thought they had a deal with Chip before he went to Philly.

3 minutes ago, Haplo E said:

I guess the Bucs realize how good Winston is and decide he's too good for Lovie. I'm sure if they could find reason to fire Rivera they would right now so a 'preferable' coach can enjoy the accolade instead.

I bet every coach is submitting resume for the luxury of coaching a team that already have an elite franchise QB and very good weapns.

Explain that.

Archived