• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Wild Card Weekend Predictions Thread....

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lets hear them... 

I say.... 

Chiefs over Texans

Bengals over Steelers 

Vikes over Seahawks. 

Packers over Redskins

Packers at BoA stadium next Sunday once again. Not a great matchup considering our lack of pass rush and loss of corners. 

Texans over Chiefs

Steelers over Bengals

Vikes over Seahwaks

Redskins over Packers 

Chiefs at Texans - I think most in the NFL world would agree the Chiefs are a better team than Houston and the Texans starting LT just got hurt last week and is out and Justin Houston has been out a while but is expected back for this game. Definitely picking the Chiefs here, but do think it'll be close and the Texans will put up a fight at their home stadium.

Steelers at Bengals - This game should be a very good and very close game, but I think it's dependent on two things. Andy Dalton's status and DeAngelo Williams' status. Neither is expected to play and in that case I'd go with the Bengals. If DeAngelo plays and Dalton doesn't I'll go with the Steelers. If both play and Dalton is healthy enough to be effective then I'd go with the Bengals.

Seahawks at Vikings - Many think the Seahawks are the better team by far but I don't agree with that. The Vikings were missing Harrison Smith (arguably the best safety in the league), Linval Joseph (a top DT who can stuff the run AND rush the passer effectively up the midddle), and Anthony Barr (one of the top LBs in the league and the QB of their defense) when they got blown out. That would be like us missing Josh Norman, KK Short and Luke Kuechly... Also this will be a freezing cold game in Minnesota which will play into the Vikings' favor to slow down Wilson, Baldwin and Lockett. Somebody brought up in another thread that this could be a trap game for the Seahawks and I thought it was a very interesting point. The Hawks crushed the Vikes in MN a couple weeks ago and I'm sure that's still on some players' minds, and they know that if they win they'll get to play us and I'm sure they're looking forward to get that opportunity to avenge the loss in Seattle earlier in the year. No idea if that will really factor in that much but I could see some Seahawks players overlooking the Vikes and being in for a rude awakening. Vikings are coming off a huge win in GB for the first division title in years and Seattle's coming off a dominant win in Arizona. Should be a very good game and the best of the weekend in my opinion, but I'm going to have to go with the Vikings.

Packers at Redskins - This game is simple to me. Cousins at home is ridiculously good. He has a 16-2 TD:INT ratio. The Packers aren't that great on the road and they've been struggling immensely recently on both sides of the ball. I think the Redskins will basically dominate this game. Hopefully it's a better game and I'd like to see the Pack win but I don't think it'll happen.

KC- Alex Smith will have to extend plays with his legs 

Seattle- dropped balls and missed throws in this game. I think whoever runs better will win. If the Vikings can keep Wilson in the pocket they have a good chance, but that's easier said than done.

Pittsburgh- 24--21. Who was the bigger loss, Dayton or DWill?

GB- Have to go with Rodgers and McCarthy in the playoffs. Plus I think Cousins last couple games were flukes.

25 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Chiefs, Pitt, Seahawks, Skins....I dont see anyway the seahawks or skins lose

Vikings game weather.  High of 0 F, wind 10 to 15 mph.  Being a 10 AM game for their Min local time, kickoff could be subzero. Not the best conditions for a team relying on the passing attack on offense.  Any given Sunday.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Seahawks lost to a Rams team with a good running attack...

In minnesota.... 9 degrees at kickoff..... it adds up

Every team in the league has that one team that always, always, always gives you pure hell for 60 minutes.  

For Seattle that team is the Rams.  

Minnesota isn't going to lose by 31 again, but when you look at all the matchups.. I think Seattle is one of the worst possible teams the Vikings could draw.  Not to say they can't win, just that it will take a near perfect game to do so.

I think we will meet again very soon :) 

37 minutes ago, Beast Mode said:

Every team in the league has that one team that always, always, always gives you pure hell for 60 minutes.  

For Seattle that team is the Rams.  

Minnesota isn't going to lose by 31 again, but when you look at all the matchups.. I think Seattle is one of the worst possible teams the Vikings could draw.  Not to say they can't win, just that it will take a near perfect game to do so.

I think we will meet again very soon :) 

Seattle's a bad matchup for MN when they're missing their 3 best defenders, sure.

Chiefs over Texans...I expect this to be a much closer game than the matchup earlier in the season...

Redskins over Packers...Packers still have offensive line problems and an inconsistent offense...I never thought the loss of Jordy Nelson would impact the passing game as much as it has...Kurt Cousins is playing out of his mind at QB...

Steelers over Bengals...I'm assuming that Dalton and Deangelo is out for this game...should be a fun game to watch...

Vikings over the Seahawks...This game will be good...if you like defensive struggles...I think the Vikings will be ready this time...

So we get the Redskins in Charlotte...

Archived