• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pagano to be fired, new DC if we lose SM?

ctrcat

Ran his background for the hell of it.  Found some interesting stuff...

Pagano was DB coach in Baltimore for a period when John Matsko was there.  He's also coached at both North and East Carolina at the college level.  And while Rivera doesn't have any direct experience with Chuck that I could find, he should be very familiar with his brother.  

John Pagano has spent his entire coaching career with the San Diego Chargers, mostly as a linebacker coach.  That means he would have been in a position to work side by side with Rivera for pretty much his entire career there.  When Rivera got the Panthers gig, John succeeded him as DC.  FYI, John is also on the outs there now as his defense wasn't up to snuff this season.

Highly unlikely either of them would be our next DC, but if Wilks were promoted we'd need someone to backfill the DB Coach spot, so that potentially opens a spot for Chuck.  Conceivable a place opens for John as well if either McDermott or Shula gets a head coaching job and takes a defensive assistant or two with them.

Heck, we could have both.

I'm intrigued.

On 1/1/2016 at 8:14 PM, Cover2 said:

I don't think it will happen now, if we went 16-0 I think they go after Shula....

dolphins don't have a cam newton

because Shula is running a college offensive but cam really talented to make it work in the nfl level

College offense that is number one in the league with Ted Ginn Jr as the best receiver. 

3 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

I would just like to see shula leave.

We are 14-1....have the highest scoring offense in the league....our MVP QB loves playing in Shula's offense.

Anyone who thinks that Shula leaving would be a good thing is an idiot.

11 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

We are 14-1....have the highest scoring offense in the league....our MVP QB loves playing in Shula's offense.

Anyone who thinks that Shula leaving would be a good thing is an idiot.

You just can't please everyone. If he pleases the coach and gm and players he pleases me.

If Shula becomes a HC somewhere I'm 90% sure that he'll be fired within 2 years. As an OC he was way too stubborn to change up the system a little to account for the deficiency of our oline. Tried to fit guys inot the system when they weren't a good fit...ie having cotchery run go routes. IMO it'll take too long for players to adjust, management will be frustrated with no success and won't give him enough time as that seems to be the trend in the league

32 minutes ago, minicho said:

If Shula becomes a HC somewhere I'm 90% sure that he'll be fired within 2 years. As an OC he was way too stubborn to change up the system a little to account for the deficiency of our oline. Tried to fit guys inot the system when they weren't a good fit...ie having cotchery run go routes. IMO it'll take too long for players to adjust, management will be frustrated with no success and won't give him enough time as that seems to be the trend in the league

14-1 this season (18-2 in our last 20 games) and the highest scoring offense in the league....so your whole post and arguement is a steaming pile of garbage

20 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

The one thing that shula has done that has brought on the success this year is to give Cam the option to change the play.  That's the only thing that I have seen to make things different from this year to years in the past.

Yet our MVP QB loves playing for him and many other NFL executives consider him a top HC candidate....yep, you def know more than they do.

watching games on Sunday and thinking you have a clue about coaching is like someone watching an episode of House abd thinking they know how to perform open heart surgery.

You have no clue what goes on between Shula and Cam...you have no clue what goes into our game plan or what adjustments are made...quite frankly you have no clue about anything related to coaching in the NFL.

people on the Internet never cease to amaze me...and not in s good way.

Just now, OceanPanther said:

McDermott won't be stolen,,  our defense in worse than last years ,, he peaked after week 6.. we've given up lots of points lately. 
He's trending down .

That's my story and I'm sticking to it  lol..  One can hope.

I hope so...I think continuity in our coaching staff with our young stars has been huge.  But, I think he is well respected and there is probably a very good chance he leaves this year.  But, with Wilks and Rivera, we will be fine on defense.

2 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Yet our MVP QB loves playing for him and many other NFL executives consider him a top HC candidate....yep, you def know more than they do.

watching games on Sunday and thinking you have a clue about coaching is like someone watching an episode of House abd thinking they know how to perform open heart surgery.

You have no clue what goes on between Shula and Cam...you have no clue what goes into our game plan or what adjustments are made...quite frankly you have no clue about anything related to coaching in the NFL.

people on the Internet never cease to amaze me...and not in s good way.

You got too much mercury in your hat.  Ha!  No, I don't think I know more than the coaching staff does.  I did watch house and use to take Vicodin for bad knees.  Never said I knew what went on between Cam and shula, but we were told that shula gives Cam several plays to run based on the defense given.  It was also stated that it was just this year that shula started doing that.  Maybe there is a little prejudice in there as well because I never like his dad either.  

Archived