• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Stewart at practice today.... Wegher this week?

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, crushcard1976 said:

Also it could be that they don't want JS to get hurt in the lousy conditions

Yes, I think this is a part of why Stew didn't practice today.  Coleman was out as well even though his foot sprain is said to be quite minor... Ron said any guy dealing with foot / ankle / knee issues were held out of practice today.

I hope Brandon is activated this game so that he can say he played in a game during the Panthers' historic season.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to be the ONLY player on the 53 not to have been active for any game at all the entire season.

That said, I think Ron is going to try and play Stew if it's possible and not likley to worsen his injury...  the field conditions (could be rough following the rain and the Belk Bowl) may be a deciding factor.

Even if Stew plays, I wonder if there's a chance Wegher could be activated to take Fozzy's place on ST as kick returner for instance.  The fact that Ron SPECIFICALLY named Wegher as someone who possibly will be activated makes me think it will happen.  There was a tone in Ron's voice that made me sense he really wants to give Brandon a shot to play.

The inactive list this week will be interesting...

Here's my guess for possible inactives if they do activate Wegher even with Stew playing: 

• Fozzy,
  • Norwood,
  • Bersin,
  • Mayo, (give him another week to recover from injury...)
  • Simonson,

Plus 2 more of the following.  None of these choices would be ideal.  Roster decisions are so tough.

• Scott?? (Daryl Williams & Velasco could *possibly* provide enough Oline depth),
  • Love??? (Haven't heard re: his injury status, Ideally he'd play because our Dline seemed to suffer without him), 
  • McClain??? (Even though he hardly played last week, you'd ideally want him in to get some snaps so he's game ready if we need him during the playoffs...)
  • [Coleman... could be inactive if his foot injury is worse than expected.  Really hope not, and am not expecting him to be inactive]

I can't really imagine several of these guys will be deactivated, so, it really is looking like Wegher's best chance to be active is if Stew doesn't play. 

And I hate it that Bersin can't be active more either.  Really wish we were allowed 48 active players for games.  An extra 2 spots would make such a difference for depth and giving guys game experience.

Im very curious to see Wegher in regular season action... However I feel they will be overly cautious with him, considering the last game with stakes to play. That in mind I don't think we'll see much of him unless of a CAP injury or Garbage Time. 

I do wonder where the middle ground is on this player, being last on the depth chart, but to valuable to stash away for fear of losing him. He showed great flashes in preseason even if it was against 3rd string.

I hope we see him so that I can finally have accurate Madden ratings to create him in Madden 15. I've re-done the whole roster. His is the only one I dont have ratings from that have come from Madden 16. I add my own personal rating on some players though. I just dropped CJ to an 83 overall rating. 

2 hours ago, chris999 said:

I am rooting for the Seahawks to beat Arizona this week so that this game is not important to us.

We have a lot of guys that could use an extra week to get healthy.

I rather root for us to win. Also if Arizona win, Seattle stays in the 6th spot and travels to GB and then to Arizona

8 hours ago, chris999 said:

If Seattle wins, they will be 5 seed and will have to play the Cardinals instead of us.

I would much rather have to play Minnesota or Green Bay than to play the Hawks. I'm not scared of them, they just match up well with us, and I would rather them beat up on Arizona some before we have to play them.

No sir buddy. 4-5th seed play each other, then travels to 1 seed. 3-6th seed play each other and then travel to 2 seed

http://www.nflplayoffsbracket.com/2016/index.php

Root for Arizona and GB

59 minutes ago, beastson said:

No sir buddy. 4-5th seed play each other, then travels to 1 seed. 3-6th seed play each other and then travel to 2 seed

http://www.nflplayoffsbracket.com/2016/index.php

Root for Arizona and GB

They re-seed after each round.  If Seattle is the 5 and wins and the 6 loses, we play the 5.  Or if Seattle is the 6 and wins, we play Seattle.  If we're the 1, we play the lowest seed left in round 2.

Archived