• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Stewart at practice today.... Wegher this week?

Jeremy Igo

When CAP is running well, keep feeding him the ball.  Let's not get cute with the play calling this Sunday, just hand off the rock and don't ride the read option for three seconds which makes a fumble or less than clean exchange more likely.

12 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The initial word on Stewart was that he could have come back in the first game against Atlanta if needed. Now he's been out 3 weeks.  I'm a little concerned. 

He's reported to be walking without a boot and no noticeable limp. Sounds like they're purposefully holding him out

10 minutes ago, beastson said:

He's reported to be walking without a boot and no noticeable limp. Sounds like they're purposefully holding him out

I understand the last two weeks. This week not so much, this is a very important game and I can't imagine a scenario where a healthy Stewart shouldn't be playing. 

Yeah I'd like to see the panthers commit more to the run especially when its so obvious we're getting huge yardage chunks from it. Just keep running until the defense proves it can stop you. And even if it does stop you a couple of times dont totally abandon the run and keep trying it. It'll also help out a lot with receivers and olsen getting open if teams have to respect our run game.

I'd like to see Wegher used in the passing game with his speed and hands.  I personally thought he was better than Fozzy in the preseason and would have loved to see him get reps before this game in the 3rd down/scat back role, but better late than never.  Honestly, I hope we use him heavily in that role this week because Fozzy's injury seemed pretty bad, I'm not even sure he'll be back for the Divisional so reps for Wegher are going to be important.

23 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Another week that a billion dollar organizations plans are hindered due to weather and the lack of a true indoor practice facility 

I complained about this during TC. I wish TC stop being in Spartanburg Wofford College and Jerry builds an indoor facility and started having TC in Charlotte

Archived