• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Stewart at practice today.... Wegher this week?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I look for them to go with 8 in the box less, as the run game is less of a threat. 

Reason I say more in the box is that now, if they're thinking the way they should be thinking, they could stack the box and pressure Cam more. That's what Atlanta did (to some extent – CAP did break a monster run). 

If they can zone-blitz and get to Cam, which is highly possible depending on which gaps they try to shoot, stacking the box could make for a long day because it would eliminate our ability to throw deep passes by cutting down on Cam's time to throw. Of course, that also requires actually going for some of those passes, which we didn't bother to do last week.

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This doesn't bode well for our chances of winning Sunday, though. Wegher may have potential but he's no Stewart at this point. Nowhere even close. 

Look for Tampa to put more men in the box now, knowing Cam doesn't have a major weapon at RB. Part of what's made life more difficult for the OL is the defense's knowledge that we don't have a huge threat at RB right now. I like CAP and he's broken some big runs, but he's no Stewart, either. And opposing teams know that.

I just want the fuging top seed for one. Our team is 20 years old and it's never finished with the No. 1 seed.

Why would they put more in the box?

Less running game threat means more coverage, not the opposite.

I look for them to play more nickel and spy Cam. 

2 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

Why would they put more in the box?

They're out of playoff contention. They're not going to be conservative defensively.

Dropping into Nickel coverage and giving Cam 5-10 yards of free passes gains them nothing, because it helps open up our highly limited run game. They'll run Nickel some to match our sets, but not a lot.

Stacking the box means runs are stuffed, and passing lanes become tighter. There's potential to give up more, but there's also potential to allow only 142 passing yards on 30 attempts.

I'm all for seeing some Wegher...but lets remember how high we all were on Fozzy  for what he did in " preseason" a year ago....and what he had done ( and what we are saying about him) now.

Different skill set for sure, and most would be happy to see him get some snaps with the first team.....but lets not get ahead of ourselves and anoint him as anything more than he is...

This board was all up on the nuts of A.Luck years ago. I wish there had been no issue with the site and we could all go back and tie names of posters to the ones crowning Luck the second coming of Jesus based on little more than his college play and media hype.

Hope he gets some snaps though.

Archived