• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One last photo i skipped at first that I really like...

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, firstdayfan said:

Well when you play variations of cover 2 and cover 3 this is pretty much what happens.  Kind of the reason many players were saying norman isn't a true shutdown corner, because he mainly sticks to his side of the field.   Now granted he follows the best WR to one side or the other, which he started doing this year but generally still plays zone.

Why do you think norman plays so close on the line of scrimmage?  He knows he has help over top.  No way in hell he could keep up with Julio or Beckham.  

He is a great zone corner though.  One of the best in the league.  But he's no Revis Island.

Hard to say what he could do. I think he could play whatever we need him to play. One of the biggest issues with him has been keeping him disciplined enough to play zone and not free lance. He plays zone very well because that is what we ask him to do. Not because that is all he can do.

6 hours ago, SOJA said:

kinda confused- teams haven't shied away from throwing downfield on us this year. I'm worried about our lack of pass rush on these long throws than our coverage 

Our pass rush is... acceptable. A majority of the time the QB is throwing off their mark. So we are getting pressure... but pressure alone won't be enough for the playoffs. We still rank 3rd in Sacks at 42 behind New England and Denver, respectively. 

I think it is more due to our scheme that we aren't seeing the ends produce, because they are funneling the QB back down into KKs waiting arms, not so much KK+Star pushing the QB out towards the ends. This will be a problem in the playoffs if they can't round those corners faster. Palmer, Wilson, Rodgers... all guys who know how to finesse the pocket.

Archived