• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One last photo i skipped at first that I really like...

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretty much explains what the opposition will do from here on out. 

IGO_9597-Edit.jpg

Yeah, if I was a QB and I saw a LB lined up against my primary WR who had a deserved reputation of elite speed and elite leaping ability, I'd check into a pass to my primary WR too.

IOW, Rivera and McDermott really need to stop being dumbasses.

4 hours ago, Montsta said:

I don't pretend to go back and check all-22 film, but it seemed like Luke followed Julio from his usual zone and Coleman was in the cover 2 zone helping over the top. 

Now again, I didn't go back and look, but in fairness, Luke has been feasting on people going to his zone all year when he's in coverage. 

I get the point you are making about people going away from Norman with Josh looking on in this photo, but Luke has made some game-changing plays this year in coverage and really just had a really, really bad day. Plus Ryan made a perfect throw for Jones to go up and grab. 

I like Jameis, but if he tries this same poo Sunday it WILL be going in the other direction by either Luke or Kurt IMO. 

Wasn't a perfect throw by any means.  It was under thrown and that's the only reason Luke had a chance it.

Sad part is, if our DLine hadn't gotten yanked back, Ryan wouldn't have even been able to get that pass off.

Doesn't excuse the loss at all, our guys still got their butts kicked, but on that particular play, holding should have nullified that play. Oh well, good teams overcome bad calls, and we weren't a good team last Sunday.

The problem on that play was that Coleman fell down. Rivera said that Luke thought it was Coleman behind him making the interception, because he did not know he had fallen down. Without that trip up, Coleman would have probably gotten in between Julio and the ball, and either he or Luke would have ended up with the ball.

Not to say it wasn't a great catch by Julio because it was, but Luke was not in single coverage on Julio, Coleman was there to help, he just got tripped up and was laying on his stomach watching while the catch was made.

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretty much explains what the opposition will do from here on out. 

IGO_9597-Edit.jpg

First off, excellent picture! How you are able to focus crystal clear on Luke and Julio and not Josh is far beyond my photo snapping ability.
Second, composition! I'm pretty sure from the thread title- this was just by happen-stance to have Josh right there, but still- To get everything in full frame from all the way across the field is crazy. If there was a photo that sums up the day- this is it.

Third (concerning football), Luke wasn't in terrible position. He just happened to be going against a freak of nature. Julio is the new Megatron, IMO. Ryan put it in the perfect position to get it over Luke and into Julio's hands.

I don't expect many defensive changes this week given that we will have maybe 3 good days to practice. If we are going to change things up as far as putting Norman on a receiver all day we will be doing that over the bye when we have more time to practice. We just have to go with what got us here and hope it is enough. After all 14 out of 15 times it has been. 

Well when you play variations of cover 2 and cover 3 this is pretty much what happens.  Kind of the reason many players were saying norman isn't a true shutdown corner, because he mainly sticks to his side of the field.   Now granted he follows the best WR to one side or the other, which he started doing this year but generally still plays zone.

Why do you think norman plays so close on the line of scrimmage?  He knows he has help over top.  No way in hell he could keep up with Julio or Beckham.  

He is a great zone corner though.  One of the best in the league.  But he's no Revis Island.

Archived