• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jared Allen knows he needs to get better...

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Are the DE's really performing THAT bad? Because I know KK and Star are doing their things...

Overall yes, they're not doing well. While sacks don't tell the whole story, only one sack in the past 5 games from a DE and the eye test says that they aren't getting much pressure.

Need to see more Delaire and Ealy. Tired of seeing CJ walk to the line, never get in his stance, than get stood up immediately. One of the few negatives I can say about Riverboat is he's  loyal to a fault to his veterans. Hopefully during coaches tape session this week he'll decide it's time to move on.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What the Bears are paying him isn't relevant. 

Exactly, its simply they got prepped for the playoffs, 6 games to early. Your old you get gassed going vs. someone thats 22-26. I love this coaching squad but they gotta learn to rotate this year... just cant ride it.

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

With KK and Star in the middle these guys should be having a field day coming off the edge. It's not like there's a huge pocket in front of the QB for him to step up into, KK is collapsing it by himself most of the time. 

This is the worst part for sure. They should be feasting on mainly 1 on 1 matchups. 

I just couldn't help but watch that Atlanta game and think 'what if'...KK and Star were DESTROYING their guys off the line a majority of the time, but Ryan could drop back even further without fear of any end rush and complete his passes all day.  

2 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

So try something else.  I.E. differnt personel at the DE position.  Blitzing corners and linebackers is not the answer here even tho me may not have much of a choice.  There simply is not enough speed in the secondary to make up for the blitzing defender.

I was wondering if they could move short to the DE on passing downs, although perhaps that would weaken the middle to much. 

Archived