• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jared Allen knows he needs to get better...

Jeremy Igo

"We have to get more heat up front – that’s definitely part of it," said defensive end Jared Allenicon-article-link.gif , the NFL’s active career sacks leader. "We need to win our four-man rushes and force (quarterbacks) to be uncomfortable."

Allen knows production off the edge needs to increase with the playoffs looming.

"I can only speak for myself, and I’m a harsh critic," Allen said. "We have to get there faster. That’s all part of the game. You have to grind through those low times and take advantage of the opportunities when you get them."

Since joining the Panthers' D-line rotation via a trade with the Bears back in Week 4, Allen has started all 11 games he’s played but recorded just one sack.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-looking-to-heat-up-pressure/7a73a7c9-9a36-410f-bbfa-6831d2805a59

IMO, the Superbowl hinges on the defensive front four of Carolina. If they can get pressure regularly... they are in. 

If not..... well....

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-looking-to-heat-up-pressure/7a73a7c9-9a36-410f-bbfa-6831d2805a59

IMO, the Superbowl hinges on the defensive front four of Carolina. If they can get pressure regularly... they are in. 

If not..... well....

Agreed, if we can't get to Wilson/Palmer/Rodgers etc....we will not make it very far in the playoffs, especially with yet another "down" special teams year.

In the game this past week they were doing a replay and it was from Jared Allen's side of the field.  I was looking at Allen and wondering what the hell a tight end was doing lining up on the defensive line.  Dude looks small compared to other d-lineman.  Don't know if he was always that small but seems to me if he were then he must've been super quick and fast to get so many sacks like he used to.  And quicks and speed are the first things to go as you age so that may be what his problem is in not being able to get any sacks.

I think our only hope is that come playoff time Allen,Johnson, Harper and Tillman realize there are no more Sundays for them and drink from a magical testosterone fountain of youth and our coaching staff smart  enough to let the younger guys take majority of snaps

i was pretty sad after Sunday  losing to Atlanta in a lifeless performance not something any of us wanted to see.

I think the front four, save KK got comfortable with the streak and didn't really give it 100%. I really do hope that I'm right, cause if not then we have bigger problems.

I said it the day we lost Bene, our season relies more heavily than ever in the shoulders of our front four.

Zero sacks from the edge in 5 games is a recipe to see exactly what we did last Sunday:

Dint get me wrong, I'm not the sky is falling type of guy, I think they already know it and will address it. 

We're 14-1 and Super Bowl bound baby

Archived