• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Breakdown of Julio Jones vs Josh Norman

Jeremy Igo

You've got to let the guy be who he is.  If he needs to watch Batman or Troy  before games to put him in that dark warrior mode then that should never be tamed.  Not even a little bit.  

I thought Coach Rivera acknowledged the importance of letting the guys be who they are, for better or worse.  

You've got to let the tigers keep their stripes.

Josh and the whole defense played tentatively and it looked like they were afraid to play their normal game for fear of consequences from the refs and the league.

I didn't see the normal attack mode and their swag was neutered by the drama created by OBJ and the Giants.

Bring back the swag and let them play. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

1 hour ago, pantherjack77 said:

agree

a neutered Josh Norman is not effective

Rivera said earlier this season two things in regards to Norman that stood out (referring to the past)..he regretted not letting him work through things and regretted trying to neuter his attitude (my words, not his).

Norman has only played one game all season without attitude.  We lost.  Not blaming him.  He wasn't why.  But does that signal a coaching shift?  That our coaches who have stated all season it is about keeping our personality....hitting the breaks?

This had to be a tough game for any player to get pumped for. I'm sure Norman didn't want to break his leg/tear ACL etc trying his heart out against a team they just beat 38-0 three weeks ago.

Sure, an undefeated season was on the line, but this team has played so hard and so physical all year that this game seems to be the game the players took a break on.

9 minutes ago, Montsta said:

SS might go to the HOF with a game predicated on poo talking. 

Sometimes it works.

I never heard anyone say that Steve Smith needed to talk poo to play well. That is what is being said here. I'm not trying to downplay Norman in anyway but at some point the talk gets a little old to me.

1 minute ago, csx said:

I never heard anyone say that Steve Smith needed to talk poo to play well. That is what is being said here. I'm not trying to downplay Norman in anyway but at some point the talk gets a little old to me.

I wasn't necessarily saying he needed to talk poo to play well, but he definitely needs perceived slights to get him fired up, which then get him poo talking, which he then plays well. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

It was a off game by our whole team. We have been playing in the playoffs for 4 weeks now.  We definitely need that first round bye. 

Big time. Every game we have been getting the best of our oppents. Excluding the home Falcons game, saints and recent Falcons game they played out of their mind. I don't think we expected that. We need to regroup this week.

23 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I wasn't necessarily saying he needed to talk poo to play well, but he definitely needs perceived slights to get him fired up, which then get him poo talking, which he then plays well. 

I think in the Atlanta game it was more of a situation where his previous poo talk backfired in that it really motivated a physically superior receiver to prove a point.

38 minutes ago, ncmonzta said:

Defense looked aggressive until that bullshit penalty on Tillman  after that it looked like watching a practice 

Defense was only lined up for 2 plays before that penalty.  Atlanta showed early on they were willing to push the boundary....

I think Ron and the Panther coaching staff killed our team this game.  Instructed them to lose their personality....which basically goes against everything Ron has claimed was important. 

3rd play of the game Atl got chippy and we put our tail between our legs.  Can't back down b/c the 

In our last 3 games prior to Sunday vs Atl....we have destroyed the Atl OL.   That is the first step in beating Julio and other elite WRs.   Then you add good CB play. 

You let any elite WR run....with good QB play b/c of lack of pressure.  The WR will win the battle.  Doesn't matter who the DB is. 

Norman is elite in our scheme.   Our scheme is dependent  on our front getting pressure.  No CB can be elite vs an elite WR if a good QB is allowed to play without being pressured.  That isn't a knock on any DB.  Deck is slanted for them to lose in that scenario 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

In our last 3 games prior to Sunday vs Atl....we have destroyed the Atl OL.   That is the first step in beating Julio and other elite WRs.   Then you add good CB play. 

You let any elite WR run....with good QB play b/c of lack of pressure.  The WR will win the battle.  Doesn't matter who the DB is. 

Norman is elite in our scheme.   Our scheme is dependent  on our front getting pressure.  No CB can be elite vs an elite WR if a good QB is allowed to play without being pressured.  That isn't a knock on any DB.  Deck is slanted for them to lose in that scenario 

So shouldn't coaches adjust thier scheme or gameplan if it isn't working? I didn't see us make any noticeable adjustments

Josh didn't seem to play as fierce as he normally does.  Dude was patting Julio on the ass every time that Julio made a good catch on him,  it seemed. 

Looked like Rivera has Norman in the doghouse.       Forcing Josh to play nice no matter what,    after the PR nightmare a week ago,  against the Giants. 

Gotta take that leash off once the playoffs start. 

Archived