• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher next week?

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Wegher should at least get a few carries against Tampa just in case the injuries to Stewart and Fozzy keep them out in the playoffs 

If Fozzy is significantly hurt, I don't think they'll have a choice. Would be nice to have seen Wegher earlier but the argument about giving a bunch of guys a few touches goes against conventional wisdom that running backs often take time to get into a rhythm during a game, and it was tough to take the ball out of Stew's hands when the offense was doing so well with him.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

If Fozzy is significantly hurt, I don't think they'll have a choice. Would be nice to have seen Wegher earlier but the argument about giving a bunch of guys a few touches goes against conventional wisdom that running backs often take time to get into a rhythm during a game, and it was tough to take the ball out of Stew's hands when the offense was doing so well with him.

I personally think Stew will be back next week, but honestly, I don't think that will hurt Wegher for that game either because I think he compares more to Fozzy than he does to Stew.  Remember, Wegher's big plays this preseason came with him catching the ball, so I think it's incredibly likely that should Fozzy be out for any significant amount of time, Wegher would instantly become our shifty third down back.  

10 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Do you have to be in "desperation mode" to play the better, younger player?

How do you know he's better?

Wegher either doesn't have the full playbook down yet, doesn't "get" the zone read yet, or doesn't know the ins and outs of pass blocking.

Again, this goes back to week 9 or so for me, we should have been spelling Stew a little more, along with Harper, Tillman, TD, etc....we have some older guys on our roster playing big time minutes.

9 hours ago, Rudd Weatherwax said:

What did you see from CAP?  He only had 5 carries today.  He had 50 yards or so in those carries.  He should have had more carries today.

I saw hesitation and uncertainty. I want to decisiveness, certainty, power, explosion and speed/burst. I want to see what Wegher can bring to offense. 

Archived