• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Feeley being here mean...

TheRealDeal

Matt Moore won two of three games he started back in 2007, and played well in all of them. He should have been number two on the depth chart in my opinion. I think he played pretty well Sunday considering our O-line were out on vacation somewhere. According to my cousins who went to the Falcons' game, Atlanta has a killer defense. That said, Moore will probably be playing by the end of the game this week.

I think that is what still fuels the support Moore has. The problem though, is that they used a very simplified offense since he was an UFDA that came in so late and hadn't yet learned the entire playbook. Also, he has not noticably improved since then, which is my main concern.

I like Matt Moore and thought he looked decent even as the emergency on Sunday. However, I have two questions. First, why did every team in the NFL pass on him during the draft? How good can he be, or is he, at the line of scrimmage making adjustments? The latter is massively important. Jake is very good at the line of scrimmage with the play clock between 15 and 5 seconds.

The reason that the organization isnt that high on Moore is because hes just not that good. He is a decent option for a backup QB, but personally I just dont think that he has what it takes to be a good starter.....go ahead and bash me if you want, but thats what I think.

I like Matt Moore and thought he looked decent even as the emergency on Sunday. However, I have two questions. First, why did every team in the NFL pass on him during the draft? How good can he be, or is he, at the line of scrimmage making adjustments? The latter is massively important. Jake is very good at the line of scrimmage with the play clock between 15 and 5 seconds.

A lot of teams passed on a guy named Brady for the same reasons...too skinny. I think more has a good arm and I think if Jake hasn't settled down by the bye they should give the job to Moore. The only way to know for sure about him is to let him play (the same way they did with Jake). Moore has good accuracy and velocity on his throws and showed great timing with the receivers in 2007. I think as long as he has a running game and the defense plays well Moore can win maybe 7-8 games if he starts after the bye. It would put us at 7-9 or 8-8 respectively but at least we'll know if Moore is the future.

One other thing, Moore is actually very mobile and could easily be used on some bootlegs to move the pocket and avoid some of the pressure that Jake couldn't seem to get away from. Just a thought.

Feeley isn't ready to take over as a QB - he's just getting here. Moore is #2 and will be for a while, at least until Feeley gets 'acclimated'. IMO, even after he does, he BITES!

Either Jake turns it around orMoore uses this whole season to develop into a QB or not, and/or Feeley comes in and rides this season out to its miserable end. Our best hopw for a winning season...<gulp>...still might be Jake...but after the whole team's miserable game last Sunday even an exorcised Jake may not be able to save this puppy if they don't all improve and come together!

Think 'The Chin's number has been prepatorily been put on Richardson's speed-dial yet?

It's his third actual season, but only his second season practicing, etc. Yeah, sitting in meetings and watching film for a year while his knee heals is helpful, but game experience and practice is what counts.

I like Moore and I wouldn't mind seeing him take the reins some day if he's ready, but thrusting an undrafted QB into the starting role with so little experience isn't the move of a team with plans to make the post-season. On the contrary, it's the type of move that a rebuilding team makes.

You and the coaching staff IMO treating him too much like a rookie. And he's not that anymore. Its been several teams who had QB's sit and watch for a bit, then come in. Usually 3 years is enough

From what I seen he hasn't improved much. But that was preseason, just go out there and play. None of us know how he would respond come to the actual season. You know watching game film of teams, seeing it for the first time on the field, talking to coaches about adjustments, practicing with the receivers so they can get accustomed to each other. You may see something you totally didn't expect. In 07 Matt came several games late and looked different than when he started

We never will know cause he wont get the chance.... for now. I say for now because as much as Fox is extremely stubborn, I dont think he's going to wait too late to take Jake out. No coach will in that position

Archived