• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Ode to Odell

KBRed

I've actually never been so angry with a player and the media after a game, that I'm thinking about it a couple days later. So, bare with me while I rant. 

There are two types of crazy. The good kind, that's competitive… And the bad kind, that needs psychiatric evaluation. And we saw those on display on Sunday.  Odell Beckham Jr. expressed his anger and frustration by trying to physically harm someone else. His antics on the field and on the sidelines showed that he was disassociated from reality. Josh Norman showed some retaliation, but in a defensive stance. And if you knew Josh Norman, you would know that he kept his composure.

In the NFL, a great athlete not only relies on physical strength, but also mental strength. Luke Kuechly isn't the most athletic linebacker in the league. But, he studies, and uses his mind to dominate his opponent. Josh Norman did something similar and used it to his advantage. He got into the head of a weak minded, physically gifted player. 

To the media. The Panthers will always be the worst 14-0 team ever to play the game. As well as 15-0, 16-0, and undefeated champs. We as fans know that we will always be the supposed underdogs. We get it. We aren't the talk of the town that gets the high volume of attention that you so desire. Until one day you realize that we are. And then it's too late, because you've already made a fool of yourself. 

But, defending such an obvious act of destruction on a professional ground is appalling. Spewing idiocy, like the Panthers pointed bats at him, called him names, and made fun of his hair. Let's not mention Odell dabbing at Cam during warm-ups.  But, even if that was true, which we all know it's not...this isn't a game where you get participation trophies when you finish. It's a mans game and you are only making Odell look like the child that he is.

So, to the media, Odell is not the victim here. Odell, you got owned by a superior athlete at his position. You had to overcompensate this by playing dirty.  You can try to play the villain. But, we all know that good always overcomes evil. And you are not the Joker, you are only the joke. 

Archived