• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So whats the issue with the defense?

chknwing

14 hours ago, Frizzy350 said:

Honestly I think the scheme changed.  We were up 28 pts and basically headed to the 4th.  Looked to me like we let off the gas on the aggressiveness scheme-wise.

Agreed! It looked we went back to playing what amounted to prevent offense and defense....playing not to lose as opposed to stepping on their throats.

15 hours ago, chknwing said:

I don't think it's any one thing. Carolina struggled to stop the giants from scoring.  Some pretty big runs.  Finnegan was out of position a few times but thats to be expected since hes fairly new.  If I had to peg it one thing I would say discipline.  Staying in your gap as to not allow the big gains.  They really shouldn't be struggling like this.  What says you?

yes I know we won.

The scariest thing to me yesterday was the huge void in our defense right up the middle time and again.

DT's, LB's, Safeties... none of them played a good game yesterday.  Runs up the gut and passes to receivers right in the middle were a guarantee for success for the G's yesterday.  It was disappointing.

It is frustrating to watch them collapse in the 3rd and 4th like that... We had not done it for a while.. but their O is predicating on short passing routes and missing tackles or being out of position. We were. I was more disappointed in the run game. Shades of the Bengal game last year came back to mind. People sealed and out of position. We did not make plays to get off the field, and we didn't make plays to stay on the field... and jesus the blocked kicks are getting me pissed off. 

12 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

There is only so much a defense can do when the offense is completely ineffective for 20 minutes.

Can  you say, "take your foot off the gas"

When is Ron not gonna care, and just run his regular offense, no matter the score and time,until it's 4min left in the game with a 40 pt lead?

How has the d line rotation been? I haven't focused on who is in when.

The chemistry has been wonky since CJ has come back and Tillman out now in to get his groove and now Bene out creates some changes.

Addison and Declaire back soon so that frees up a good rotation.

Archived