• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My view of the OBJ helmet to helmet

Jeremy Igo

I honestly feel like that is the dirtiest,  most flagrant,  and dispicable hit I have ever seen in  football. Second only to donkey Kong.      An least Suh wasn't aiming!  Only just trying to get one in out of frustration.   Blow job...  I mean..  Beckham Jr deserve to sit at home for the rest of this season including any playoffs and a couple of games next season to.  For as much emphasis as this league has put on concussions I expect nothing less than a 5k fine of every one of his head slaps caught on tape,  28k for the first two USL calls and 56k  for the head target.   

Absolutely disgusting.   I have never seen a play that targeted and purposeful.  OBJ is a bitch.  His daddy should beat his ass for representing his name so poorly.  

I think he should miss a couple of games for his actions on the field today...  And the refs should as well for not gaining some control of it early in the game...  I actually really liked OBJ coming in to this game....  Sad display today....

I don't know if I've ever went from liking someone to disliking them so quickly. I saw pics before the game of OBJ chopping it up with Cam and thought "Well this should be fun. Two guys at the top of their game with respect for each other." It didn't take long at all for me to lose all respect for OBJ today.

This was a premeditated criminal act. It ranks among the worst acts on another athlete in the midst of competition. It was at the end of a play on an unsuspecting player. Intent was clear to injure the player with no purpose (block, tackle, coverage). Ran at full speed and launched their body and head into the back of a defenseless players head while leaving their feet.

My list includes:

1. Mike Tyson biting off Evander Holyfield's ear. 1997 (Stripped of boxing license in Nevada. Fined $3M.)

2. Luis Resto loading his gloves for the fight against Billy Collins, Jr. 1983 (1 year suspension of boxing license. Convicted of assault. Sentenced to 2.5 years in prison.)

3. Nancy Kerrigan's knee clubbed by Tonya Harding's goon. 1994 (3 years probation. 500 hours of community service. $160k fine.)

4. Todd Bertuzzi punches Steve Moore in the back of the head. 2004 (20 game suspension. Charged with assault.)

5. Marty McSorely hits Donald Brashear in the side of the head from behind with his stick. 2000 (1 year suspension. Charged with assault with a weapon.)

6. Dale Hunter checking Pierre Turgeon head first into the boards while he celebrates a goal. 1993 (21 game suspension)

7. Ndamukong Suh slams head into ground and stomps on Evan Dietrich-Smith. 2011 (Ejected. 2 game suspension.)

8. Albert Haynesworth stomps on the head of Andre Gurode. 2006 (5 game suspension).

9. Kermit Washington punching Rudy Tomjanovich. 1977 (26 Game suspension. $10,000 fine.)

10. Woody Hayes punches Clemson player in throat. 1978 (Terminated.)

I would rank the act by Odell as #4 on this list. A very serious act with the spotlight of concussions/head injuries on the NFL. I believe he should receive a 4 game suspension with loss of pay and the largest fine given to a player. The NFL and NFLPA should come after Odell since this is a detriment to the league and a threat to players rights/safety.

I hope some journalist runs with this story.

Archived