• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My view of the OBJ helmet to helmet

Jeremy Igo

Deliberate headshot

Indefensible

I can only imagine how bad Josh wanted to hit back. I know he couldn't have wanted to control himself, but for the most part he kept his cool. Some shoves and throws, but I didn't see any punches or cheap shots from Josh. Well done young man.

This entire season I have never been so mad at one opposing player. Last year Burfict pissed me off sure but to me this was worse. Odell acted like a complete jackass and got away with it RIGHT infront of refs every time. He caught most of his catches against a tiny slot CB who retired last season. & Seeing Josh grow this season.. if this was last year or a few years ago Norman would have already drop kicked him in the face. 

Plus the one where OBJ fishhooked his mouth thru the helmet? fug that guy. I speculated he was bitch made and this completely proved it. Wonder what Cam told him at the end of the game in his ear. Also what Luke was saying to him after that launch. He was all in his ear and was holding him like a bear

Mad props and respect to Josh for not completely melting down and going for complete destruction. Someone launches and hits you in the head like that you forget it's a game you're playing, and at that point you are protecting yourself and your manhood.

shame on you Odell. I will never, ever look at you the same.

Odell tried to end the career of 3 players with that dirty launching blind side helmet leading blow at the end of the play.

He could have seriously injured Norman's spine/neck/jaw with that hit.

He rolls up into the knees of Finnegan.

He leg whips Dwan Edwards sending him to the ground and injuring his knee.

I hope all the Panthers players are okay.

Odell should have been ejected right there. He should face at least two separate fines for the damage to Norman and Edwards. They should be substantial. He should also be suspended for 2 games without pay.

He should also receive fines for all the head shots and punches he took on multiple Panthers defenders, and going under the face mask and shoving his fingers in the mouth of Norman. I believe he was trying to get to his eyes.

A player needs to eventually push for a personal financial settlement from the player that takes a blatant cheap shot at the head, neck, back, or eyes. If the NFL does not bring these blatant acts to arbitration for the financial gain of the attacked player, then the player needs to sue the player who delivered the shot and the NFL in court. This will quickly stop these on field acts from happening as they bring substantial consequences off the field and bring automatic internal investigation of a team.

There is no difference from the official who got attacked by two HS players during a play and a pro player who is attacked at the end of the play. The intent is the same - a premeditated criminal act.

This garbage needs to end and the NFL clearly has a conflict of interest when it comes to player safety versus financial gain. You cannot tell me the NFL can make a call and have a player removed from a game when they are a threat to themselves or others. Imagine your place of work deciding to not send an employee home and/or press charges because the premeditated assault happens in the middle of a lucrative sales call with a global client.

That is my rant for the day.

Archived