• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect CAP to be activated

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Anyone else worried about they young inexperienced guys getting a bulk amount of playing time like this? Not dismissing their talent but It may be too much of a work load for CAP. I don't know, I could be wrong. 

I wouldn't be concerned in CAP's case at all.  He just rushed for 1,600+ yards last season in the SEC, which pretty much amounts to the Giants defense ;-P

2 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Fozzy will carry the load with CAP filling with a few carries here and there.

Just now, ncsu12engr said:

I think CAP will be active, but will barely see the field with Fozzy getting the bulk of the carries and Tolbert spelling him for the most part.

Remember last season when both Stew, and D-Will were out?  Everyone thought Fozzy would be the feature back... he wasn't.  Tolbert carried the load.  Fozzy isn't a 3-down back anyway, so I wouldn't expect to see that at all.  

5 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

I wouldn't be concerned in CAP's case at all.  He just rushed for 1,600+ yards last season in the SEC, which pretty much amounts to the Giants defense ;-P

lol good one.

I'm just saying, I'd trust Whittaker a little more but he's a different style back. Maybe involving Tolbert early on will lighten the load. Stewart is a huge part of our offense. Without his power running style this offense has to adapt again and right now the Giants are feeling themselves a little too much. 

I'd love to punch them in the mouth. 

1 hour ago, caatfan said:

I'd like to see both get some carries. The Giants are actually only worst in pass D, and sitting at 16th in run D, but hey, it's time to get the rust off Fozzy and break in the rookies.

And they have a decent defensive YPC average, only allowing 4.1.  And I think this is a good thing.  I would much rather test the young backs against a good defense than a bad one. 

That being said, don't be surprised if Tolbert and Whitaker get the majority of the carries.  Like most coaches, Rivera prefers to use players with more experience. 

46 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Anyone else worried about they young inexperienced guys getting a bulk amount of playing time like this? Not dismissing their talent but It may be too much of a work load for CAP. I don't know, I could be wrong. 

Behind this OL and supported by Cam and this passing game? Nah bruh. Not worried. Lol. We'll find a way to score points. My biggest concern is countering their offense.

11 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Behind this OL and supported by Cam and this passing game? Nah bruh. Not worried. Lol. We'll find a way to score points. My biggest concern is countering their offense.

I'm not worried about their offense. It's literally OBJ and Eli. If Eli is on fire there is no stopping him. If he's Eli with Cable, it will be an easy W. Just depends which Eli is going to shows up. I'm confident our Defense will get the job done. I'm just a little worried about this offense without Stew. 

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Worried about CAP in pass pro. I think we see a bunch of Tolbert IMO. Gotta keep Cam upright and we can win through the air.

Bingo.

Pass blocking and the propensity to fumble are the things that keep young RB's on the sideline.

I'm beginning to think that CAP and Wegher on the active goes back to the Giants struggling to keep a RB behind Eli late in the season....and not that this would matter, but the playoff game in Seattle in 2005 is still fresh in some of our memories.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Bingo.

Pass blocking and the propensity to fumble are the things that keep young RB's on the sideline.

I'm beginning to think that CAP and Wegher on the active goes back to the Giants struggling to keep a RB behind Eli late in the season....and not that this would matter, but the playoff game in Seattle in 2005 is still fresh in some of our memories.

People are glossing over Stewart too much. He's the most important player on our offense minus cam and Greg. Undefeated be damned we gotta make sure Stewart is healthy in the playoffs. Expect Tolbert on passing downs which may show our hand more than I like. 

CAP does need reps, unfortunately, we need a backup plan just in case. I just don't get fans who think everything is just all hunky dory. 

and who did we put in when goings went down? I can't remember. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

People are glossing over Stewart too much. He's the most important player on our offense minus cam and Greg. Undefeated be damned we gotta make sure Stewart is healthy in the playoffs. Expect Tolbert on passing downs which may show our hand more than I like. 

CAP does need reps, unfortunately, we need a backup plan just in case. I just don't get fans who think everything is just all hunky dory. 

and who did we put in when goings went down? I can't remember. 

Yup, Stew is very important to this offense.  Don't like him and Bene going down right before the dance....

This is why I have been campaigning for some of the young guys to get a few more touches every game, but I understand that RR is a defensive guy, and they tend to like vets at the RB position.

As to who spelled Goings....I think it was Jamal Robertson.....I was driving back from snowboarding and almost threw up when I kept hearing the game call.

Archived