• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Expect CAP to be activated

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Lou Young. 

He looked solid in camp and preseason at times, lacked consistency. Looks like maybe that has improved as the year went on. Better than any current free agent options. 

Worth a shot, maybe they can find a diamond in the rough like Gray from NE.  

At least my moronic ass can hope.  

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lou Young. 

He looked solid in camp and preseason at times, lacked consistency. Looks like maybe that has improved as the year went on. Better than any current free agent options. 

Jeremy ...thank goodness for your direct line to BoA:)

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wegher showed in preseason he is an excellent special teams player. He could replace Mayo on the active roster. 

This sounds plausible.

Just a question though... I confess I don't know all that much about special teams play & roles.  Some ST roles are pretty clear in terms of gunner & return coverage, but others are more obscure to me.

What roles phases of ST was Mayo playing?  Is it likely that Wegher can cover his duties as an RB and not an LB?

Also, if Colin Jones is possibly out, what about his ST reps?

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hearing we likely won't see Stew this week with a strained foot. 

Honestly, if you are going to activate CAP and/or Wegher... why not against the worst defense in the league and see what they can do. 

Pretty excited to see these kids play. 

I read one report that said it was his ankle - is it his ankle or foot?  Are these the same old JStew below the knee problems coming back ?

CAP should've been activated last week. I expect Artis-Payne to get a look over Wegher due to his familiarity with the zone read style of running, especially this late in the season.

I hope they give Stewart the next 2 weeks off and bring him back for Tampa for a tune up. We can't afford to have Stewart any less than 100% come playoffs. He is a VERY underrated part of this offense 

10 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

This sounds plausible.

Just a question though... I confess I don't know all that much about special teams play & roles.  Some ST roles are pretty clear in terms of gunner & return coverage, but others are more obscure to me.

What roles phases of ST was Mayo playing?  Is it likely that Wegher can cover his duties as an RB and not an LB?

Also, if Colin Jones is possibly out, what about his ST reps?

They both play on the LOS on kick coverage. 

31 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

CAP should've been activated last week. I expect Artis-Payne to get a look over Wegher due to his familiarity with the zone read style of running, especially this late in the season.

I hope they give Stewart the next 2 weeks off and bring him back for Tampa for a tune up. We can't afford to have Stewart any less than 100% come playoffs. He is a VERY underrated part of this offense 

It worked out ok without CAP active.  Fozzy got added needed reps and played well.  Also Simonson... added depth & experience at TE is a good thing.

But I do assume CAP will be active this week now and hope he will get some good game experience.  It will be a relief to us all to see who we have as a backup to Stew and to have him ready.  He looked good in the preseason, but real games are a different story and we need him to be up to speed.

I'd love to see CAP get a lot of snaps, but haven't we've seen this type of scenario before?  Unless CAP goes off on a play or two, I wouldn't be surprised if Tolbert wasn't carrying the load.  I don't like it too much, but they've done it in the past, almost to a fault.

Archived