• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The main reason we should activate CAP and limit Stew reps...

Jeremy Igo

I wouldn't change anything in our starting lineup until we have secured the homefield advantage for the playoffs. If we get the game under our control against the Giants, go ahead and pull Stewie to let Fozzy get some more field time.

And I'd rather see Stewart our starting RB through the rest of the regular season. Let him get some carries and rest him once the game is no longer in doubt. He needs to keep momentum with a reduction in risk if and when possible.

The biggest part of NFL games is you are either the hammer or the nail. Once you quit being the hammer, it starts going bad for you. Keeping Stewart active keeps us as the aggressor and that's important not just to winning, but to keeping a healthy team. Stewart's play impacts a whole lot of our other offensive players, from the O-line to Cam and even our receiving corps.

Stewart's blocking ability, once he is off the field, is missed and needs to be adjusted for. His ability to catch a pass is lost when he is on the bench. When he is on the bench, our play selection for runs require a different blocking scheme to accommodate Fozzy's style, one that doesn't play to our strengths quite as well. And our option threat pretty much goes out the window when Stewie is on the bench.

Getting CAP or Wegher playing time is great and a noble idea, but it's just impractical at this point. If we could find a jersey for them (and there is much more need for rotation elsewhere) it would be nice to see them get in at the end of the games, but I just can't seem to get the math to work out to their benefit.

Remember in how in 2003, young Runningback DeShaun Foster came on late in the season to complement experienced top-rusher Stephen Davis to break free in the playoffs and get us to the superbowl.. hoping CAP can repeat that so we can pound the rock in the Playoffs with both guys

Archived