• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The main reason we should activate CAP and limit Stew reps...

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I wonder if it has more to do with pass protection than anything else. 

If CAP can run all the plays while picking up blockers then sit Stew this week because he's nicked up. Then he'll be better and play Stew v TB. Then everyone gets a bye. No rust for Stew and CAP gets a little PT heading into the playoffs. My 2 cents.

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

This week I would go with a one-to-one swap of Stew for CAP. No reason to have more than 2 RB's active when we have Cam and Tolbert as rushing options.

You know what coach...

I think you're right.

Lets sit our 1k yard (ok he is at 989 yards) rush monster for a rook with home field throughout on the line.

2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

You know what coach...

I think you're right.

Lets sit our 1k yard (ok he is at 989 yards) rush monster for a rook with home field throughout on the line.

bruh. even if we lose to the Giants, we have an easy win against the Falcons. and I'm suggesting to sit Stew if he isn't 100%. it's not an outrageous proposal.

31 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

bruh. even if we lose to the Giants, we have an easy win against the Falcons. and I'm suggesting to sit Stew if he isn't 100%. it's not an outrageous proposal.

Seriously?

You banking wins weeks before we play the games? 

To quote Coach Edwards, "You play - to win - the games". You never let off, never think "well even if we don't get this W theres always next week"

Until there is nothing left to play for I expect this team and this staff to put it all on the line, every play, every series, every quarter, every game.  When a W genuinely doesn't matter, then and only then, do you sit guys.

16 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Seriously?

You banking wins weeks before we play the games? 

To quote Coach Edwards, "You play - to win - the games". You never let off, never think "well even if we don't get this W theres always next week"

Until there is nothing left to play for I expect this team and this staff to put it all on the line, every play, every series, every quarter, every game.  When a W genuinely doesn't matter, then and only then, do you sit guys.

Simple forward thinking. It's not like sitting Stewart (once again, only if he isn't 100% healthy) dooms us to an inevitable loss to the Giants. If we did lose, I would still feel confident in our chances to clinch the 1 seed with games left against the Falcons and a home game against the Bucs while the Cardinals have to face both the Packers and red hot Seahawks.

I would rather go 15-1 or 14-2 with a healthy JStew guaranteed for the playoffs instead of going 16-0 and all of a sudden be down our best rusher for the remainder of the playoffs and be stuck with Fozzy and two rookies, one of which hasn't played all year and the other who has all of 12 carries on the year.

2 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Simple forward thinking. It's not like sitting Stewart (once again, only if he isn't 100% healthy) dooms us to an inevitable loss to the Giants. If we did lose, I would still feel confident in our chances to clinch the 1 seed with games left against the Falcons and a home game against the Bucs while the Cardinals have to face both the Packers and red hot Seahawks.

I would rather go 15-1 or 14-2 with a healthy JStew guaranteed for the playoffs instead of going 16-0 and all of a sudden be down our best rusher for the remainder of the playoffs and be stuck with Fozzy and two rookies, one of which hasn't played all year and the other who has all of 12 carries on the year.

Im going to turn that around on you.  

According to a great number of voices here, CAP and Wegher are as good as J-Stew.  They would have us believe that those two are every bit as capable of carrying us to the number one seed as Stewart.  Im not buying it...

I trust our coaches who see these dudes day in and day out.  There is a reason Fozzy keeps getting a jersey over CAP.  And brother, its got everything to do with production.  The coaching staff(and talent evaluation staff) know that Fozzy is the better guy to dress on Sunday.

And I for one, am willing to trust the guys who have us at 13-0 to evaluate talent moreso than what I wanted to see in the 3rd quarter of the second preseason game.

3 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

According to a great number of voices here, CAP and Wegher are as good as J-Stew.  They would have us believe that those two are every bit as capable of carrying us to the number one seed as Stewart.  Im not buying it...

I trust our coaches who see these dudes day in and day out.  There is a reason Fozzy keeps getting a jersey over CAP.  And brother, its got everything to do with production.  The coaching staff(and talent evaluation staff) know that Fozzy is the better guy to dress on Sunday.

And I for one, am willing to trust the guys who have us at 13-0 to evaluate talent moreso than what I wanted to see in the 3rd quarter of the second preseason game.

I'm not sure it has to do with production since CAP has none. I think it has to do more with familiarity and experience. There's nothing wrong with that. The point is Stew is hurt. Now is the perfect time to sit him for one game. Activate CAP and bring Stew back for TB healthier.

5 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I'm not sure it has to do with production since CAP has none. I think it has to do more with familiarity and experience. There's nothing wrong with that. The point is Stew is hurt. Now is the perfect time to sit him for one game. Activate CAP and bring Stew back for TB healthier.

And you're willing to bet the #1 seed on that?

Having not seen a season worth of practices, workouts, and RB meetings?

I hear you.  I get where you're coming from.  But at the end of the day, Im going to trust the guys who have us at more than a year since our last regular season loss to put together the 45 of 53 that will give us the best chance to win.

8 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

I like CAP, and Wegher seems promising, but it's ridiculous to think that they are as good as JStew. However, it is entirely possible that we could get the #1 seed with them instead of Stew, but mainly due to the remaining schedule and the work the OL has done the past few games. I just don't Stewart to go down with an injury late in the year and all of a sudden our run game becomes all Cam. If our run game were no longer seen as a threat, the offense becomes very one dimensional.

Just now, Inimicus said:

And you're willing to bet the #1 seed on that.

Having not seen a season worth of practices, workouts, and RB meetings?

I hear you.  I get where you're coming from.  But at the end of the day, Im going to trust the guys who have us at more than a year since our last regular season loss to put together the 45 of 53 that will give us the best chance to win.

Yeah I agree with you. I'm down for whatever the coaching staff puts out there. I'm simply putting out a logical thought process for activating CAP for this game.

Archived