• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The main reason we should activate CAP and limit Stew reps...

Jeremy Igo

I would hate for the first time any of us see either CAP or Wegher carry the ball, it be in a sudden death playoff game type situation.  Seems like it would be better to get one, or both, of them some snaps in a real game just in case Stewart goes down and suddenly one of them is being forced to carry the ball 20 times for the first time in their career and its in a do or die situation.  Talented  or not thats asking a bit much of any rookie that hasn't played all year.

8 minutes ago, tondi said:

I would hate for the first time any of us see either CAP or Wegher carry the ball, it be in a sudden death playoff game type situation.  Seems like it would be better to get one, or both, of them some snaps in a real game just in case Stewart goes down and suddenly one of them is being forced to carry the ball 20 times for the first time in their career and its in a do or die situation.  Talented  or not thats asking a bit much of any rookie that hasn't played all year.

thatsnot.jpg

As an Auburn fan I will give you my perspective.

He is not going to wow you with his speed. I would actually say he is one of the slower backs we have had recently. He is very good at taking what the D gives and I do not remember many fumbles which is always good. He had a lot of 10,12,15,17 etc runs. He is not going to bust the home run, but he is a solid back. He did not catch many passes out of the backfield, but it just is not part of the offense so I would not say he is not capable of doing it.  He gets better as the game goes on which is always a plus. 

7 minutes ago, The Gus Bus said:

As an Auburn fan I will give you my perspective.

He is not going to wow you with his speed. I would actually say he is one of the slower backs we have had recently. He is very good at taking what the D gives and I do not remember many fumbles which is always good. He had a lot of 10,12,15,17 etc runs. He is not going to bust the home run, but he is a solid back. He did not catch many passes out of the backfield, but it just is not part of the offense so I would not say he is not capable of doing it.  He gets better as the game goes on which is always a plus. 

This. He reminds me of Stew because he very rarely is taken down by just one defensive player. He usually has to be gang tackled to be brought down, and even when he is brought down, he usually falls forward for a few extra yards. Very patient runner, willing to wait for holes to be opened by the OL.

I'm really starting to wonder why they aren't letting CAP get some playing time.  Young backs often struggle with blocking and the Panthers are big on the backs knowing the blocking scheme for passing plays, maybe he hasn't picked that up yet?  I know "Team Chemistry" is a big thing and Stewart is balling out right now, but injuries are a big concern and you've gotta let his backup get some reps in right?  I mean the game was over before halftime, why not let him come in and salt away the clock?  He wasn't even active!  Don't know what the deal is.  Might be wearing Stewart in the ground to cut him next year because of his massive contract.

46 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Can we get a new board rule that states:

If you propose to activate either CAP or Wegher you have to also name the guys who are not get jerseys on gameday.

This week I would go with a one-to-one swap of Stew for CAP. No reason to have more than 2 RB's active when we have Cam and Tolbert as rushing options.

Archived