• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ATL Crowd Observations

blackcat

So aside from the awesomeness that is the 2015 Panthers and the fan interest in them spiking, the thing I, and the folks that I sit around, noticed most yesterday was the lack of dirty bird fans.  Our seats are up in the 503, which is prime enemy territory.  There's been games where I've felt like I was at an away up there.  Yesterday, there were hardly ANY Falcons fans up there where traditionally, there'd be ton's.  I do attribute this to ATL's shitty team and even shittier fans, but also to our success and hope we can keep it up.  It's nice getting all these new fans and have some home team folks up in the 'away' section for a change.  Man it was nice, KEEP POUNDING!

1 minute ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I was pretty surprised at the overall lack of Atlanta fans in the stadium. And even the ones who were there were exceptionally quiet throughout. I suppose that's what happens when you're 6-6 and down 21-0 after the first quarter though.

Yes, typically ATL fans are some of the trashiest, poo talking'est fans.  Yesterday, they were stunned into silence for sure.

I didnt get to make this game this year but their fans usually come in droves and are loud, they more or less used to own a whole parking lot near the stadium in years past.  I live in ATL and I can tell you the chatter on the radio this am was "Matt Ryan is washed up" and "who can we trade him to"?

9 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I was pretty surprised at the overall lack of Atlanta fans in the stadium. And even the ones who were there were exceptionally quiet throughout. I suppose that's what happens when you're 6-6 and down 21-0 after the first quarter though.

There were only 5 in my immediate vicinity.  Three were to my left and only falcon gear was one old hat on the 30 something daughter.  When Cam got injured they started clapping so everyone around them gave them poo.  The falcon couple to my right tried to report the Panther fans to security but I interrupted to tell security what really went down.  Nothing happened but the rest of the game the couple to the immediate left stood the entire game and danced.  They also took pictures of the grim trio with their cell phones.

Part of me wanted to give them props for staying but why come in disguise?  wear falcon colors at least.

I was the closest I have ever been to punching a guy in the face yesterday.  When Olsen went down in a heap and was laying there waiting on the trainers, this Falcon fan walked passed me and said "Hell ya man, kill him!".  I called him out and called him a classless jerk.  I would normally never raise my voice like that with my kids in tow but when that guy cheered Olsen's injury I lost it. I don't know where he went but he didn't walk by me on his way back to his seat.

9 minutes ago, SCP said:

I was the closest I have ever been to punching a guy in the face yesterday.  When Olsen went down in a heap and was laying there waiting on the trainers, this Falcon fan walked passed me and said "Hell ya man, kill him!".  I called him out and called him a classless jerk.  I would normally never raise my voice like that with my kids in tow but when that guy cheered Olsen's injury I lost it. I don't know where he went but he didn't walk by me on his way back to his seat.

you could have whooped his ass right there in front of everyone and the DA wouldn't be able to find 12 jurors in NC that would convict you

Archived