• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Herm Edwards speaks a lot of truth. Glad the Panthers don't have to worry about it.

Jeremy Igo

I wish people would stop lumping Norman into this group just because he has fun out there, gives it his all, and has a personality.   He's walking around Charlotte with his girlfriend, hanging out with Igo, and I think he loves it here.  Players usually do (minus Peppers).   You can be yourself but still have a life outside of the field.   

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

he's right, though. and yeah....that's not something that we have to worry about with this team. the only one i have any concern about is #24. is he about the team or about the money?

ALL players are about there money. Not sure why some fans still don't understand this

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

he's right, though. and yeah....that's not something that we have to worry about with this team. the only one i have any concern about is #24. is he about the team or about the money?

Very true.

If that's the kind of mess that gets under Herm's skin, he should fugging LOVE the Carolina Panthers.

As to #24, I have mixed feelings.  At his age, this might be his one and only shot to get the BIG, life-altering contract.  Dude, puts his body on the line as hard as anybody on the field every Sunday.  I can't sit here and say I begrudge him that.  And I can't sit here and say that I would hold it against him if he walks if the Panther's organization decides they can't fit that kind of contract in with their other well known priorities and obligations.

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Very true.

If that's the kind of mess that gets under Herm's skin, he should fugging LOVE the Carolina Panthers.

As to #24, I have mixed feelings.  At his age, this might be his one and only shot to get the BIG, life-altering contract.  Dude, puts his body on the line as hard as anybody on the field every Sunday.  I can't sit here and say I begrudge him that.  And I can't sit here and say that I would hold it against him if he walks if the Panther's organization decides they can't fit that kind of contract in with their other well known priorities and obligations.

I won't begrudge Norman if he decides to prioritize money over team loyalty.  He has earned that opportunity with his play on the field.  

I also won't begrudge Gettleman if he tags Norman or lets him walk because Dave is paid to put the team's best/long term interests first.  

There's a difference between a player putting his issues and/or dilemma ahead of a team versus a player making an image for himself in light of good play and making general statements about what he'd like to see happen.  We don't have the former on our team which is great.  DG and Ron never discuss player contracts with media or media framed "controversies".  They run a tight ship here honestly better than pretty much the entire league.  It's pretty amazing the culture they've built. 

I'm thanking my lucky stars right now that we have:

Dave Gettleman

Ron Rivera

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Greg Olsen

Thomas Davis

Ryan Kalil

Charles Tillman

Roman Harper

Stop for a second and realize that none of that garbage would fly around here, because those MEN I just listed wouldn't allow it.  The culture shift has happened, and it's extremely precious that we should do whatever it takes to keep it here.

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

That's being unfair to Norman. We would drop him like a sack of potatoes if his play fell off or he got injured, he doesn't owe the team poo. 

Doing what's best for himself should be viewed as going against the team. 

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

I just don't think of it that way. Contract negotiations are between a player and a franchise. It has nothing to do with being a good teammate. These franchises cut bait on guys for all kinds of reasons. I don't blame them for signing the best deal they can find. But once you are under contract, be a team guy.

Archived