• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PANTHERS ARE #1 !!!!!

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, Dex said:

Hockey is the country music of sports.

Speaking of country music and hockey.... I was in a Nashville bar the night before the Panthers game, the same night their hockey team had just played Winnipeg.  I made the mistake of asking a Winnipeg fan how the game went.  He gave me a look as if I had just told him I murdered his mother.  I made the assumption Winnipeg lost and immediately apologized.  I don't watch hockey but when you lose by a Touchdown I'll assume it wasn't a good game.

Unfortunately I'll be get more hockey than I can handle as I'll be in Calgary next week and dreading hockey hockey hockey on sports networks.  TSN only ever shows hockey highlights it seems.  The "football" highlights, in Saskatoon last week, where about the Eskimos and Redblacks and then it went to Curling, then back to hockey.  Can't describe how excited I was when I heard them say "on to football" yet they talked about the CFL only and nothing about the NFL.  Not even a mention of Panthers all week on TV.  

A few Seahawk fans recognized my hat and/or jacket but most people didn't.  I pulled a Homer and used my Panthers Credit Card a few times.  The best moment I had was being ragged on by a Lions fan when they were up 20-0 on GB.  No respect for Panthers (except defense was good and that Norman may be the best CB this year) and the Lions were going to run the tables and beat the Panthers in the playoffs easily.  No regard that I mentioned that GB came back on us and that it wasn't over by any means yet.  I'm still kicking myself for not ordering a few more Original 16s and seeing his reaction at the end of that game.

Archived