• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Player Trade with Atlanta Falcons

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

yes

Realistically it would be a very good thing. But how many players do the fallcons have worth a cat turd? We are not in rebuilding mode anymore, we're riding!!

I know you are just being contrary, but I wanted to give one of my few serious answers, just in case we have some Jerry Jones wannabes..

The reason it doesn't make any sense is because you have to get back Matt Ryan for this to make sense. Matt Ryan already had Julio Jones, Roddy White when he was good, and Tony G at TE, which was already similar if not a slightly better than our setup here. Stewart and Freeman are basically a wash. Beasley only has 2 sacks, so he hasn't really set the world on fire. Trufant, while good, hasn't been amazing or much better than our cb2. After all that, you have to ask yourself, why would Matt Ryan lead this team to a SB win when he already had a talented team around him before and couldn't do it.?

In 2010, the Falcons gave up the 5th fewest points per game, and he couldn't lead them to the big one. The difference between this team and that Falcons team is Cam Newton.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Question....

Would you trade Cam Newton for any five Falcons players currently? 

Answer honestly. One player for 5. Would you do it. 

We are 12-0 with Cam, cant be any better. I am good.

No need to bring in the unknown x 5....... And they were falcons at one point, fug that. NO.

Honest Answer... No

Here's why.  Whatever player they have we have an equivalent or better.

Julio Jones we have a superstar on the rise in KB, Devonte we got Stewart and most likely CAP.  Defensively they have nothing we don't already have a better player at.

Thanks, but No Thanks.

I'll keep my MVP QB... You can keep your top 5 players.

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

Julio Jones

Jake Matthews

Matt Ryan 

Desmond Trufant

First round pick

Even then I would say no, Cam is the best quarterback in the NFL.

If, and it is a big if, all those five together would sign contracts that has the same cap hit as cam for the reminder of his contract, I would take it.

But even so it is debatable.  

Archived