• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SMDH BleacherReport

Newtcase

I don't give a damn about the article, or bleacher report.

But am I really reading this poo? Our own fans are seriously downplaying that performance from Cam?

If not for the two Ginn drops, that's 7 passing touchdowns.

If you can find a way to downplay that as a Panthers fan, you should probably log out for awhile.

Also, Cam is one tough quarterback.

I don't think Drew Brees would be coming back into the game after taking a sack like the one Newton did, or a helmet hit like that.

Disappointed in the huddle right now.

If Newton wasn't out there on that field, we lose. Period. Downplay that.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't give a damn about the article, or bleacher report.

But am I really reading this poo? Our own fans are seriously downplaying that performance from Cam?

If not for the two Ginn drops, that's 7 passing touchdowns.

If you can find a way to downplay that as a Panthers fan, you should probably log out for awhile.

It's not that I'm downplaying it. He had a hell of a game and it was awesome. 

But it's like, I expect this from him now. If we go up against a bad defense, I expect Cam to go off. 

It must be what packers fans and Colts fans from the mid 2000s felt. 

"Cam threw for 300+ yards and 5 TDs against the worst defense in the league"

Damn straight he did. 

4 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

But it's like, I expect this from him now. If we go up against a bad defense, I expect Cam to go off. 

Damn straight he did. 

I mean I would love that too, but even the great QB's couldn't put that kind of a performance up every week.

Even the bad teams can play you tough, it's the any given Sunday mentality. That's how it goes.

I just don't want to see Panthers fans start to take Newton for granted. We are very lucky to have Cam. He gives it his all out there for the W.

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I mean I would love that too, but even the great QB's couldn't put that kind of a performance up every week.

Even the bad teams can play you tough, it's the any given Sunday mentality. That's how it goes.

I just don't want to see Panthers fans start to take Newton for granted. We are very lucky to have Cam. He gives it his all out there for the W.

Exactly.....look at what Philly did to the Pats yesterday.

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Damn straight he did. 

Just now, TheRed said:

Yeah, I expect greatness from Cam.  Yes I appreciate it and am awed by him nearly every week now.  New Orleans did play tough yesterday, probably their best defensive effort all year.  We turned the ball over 3 times and still scored 41, we dropped 3 sure touchdowns and still scored 41.  Like I said, I may be in the minority, but I was impressed with the fortitude yesterday.  

The sad thing is this game is giving a lot of panther haters fuel to renew their argument that the panthers aren't as good as their record indicates. Just sick of that kind of talk. And they tend to be the idiots that will blatantly ignore that their own teams have lost time and again .

At the end of the day its exactly as cam has said countless times, its about wins and losses. There are plenty of teams that can lose pretty, but the Carolina Panthers have demonstrated they can win in a variety of different circumstances.

There's simply too many games in the season and too many different factors for a team to beat EVERYONE by large margins. Hell you eventually will run into games when everything will seem out of your hands simply by all the luck and/or possibly all the ref calls going the other way. I think its the absolute mark of a champion to win no matter what.

14 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Exactly.....look at what Philly did to the Pats yesterday.

Bingo/Oops There It Is ("Even the bad teams can play you tough, it's the any given Sunday mentality. That's how it goes" Red quote)!!

Plus, we have to remember; the Panthers are undefeated, and every Tom, Dick and Harry are trying to knock them off now!

They're no pre-set easy games.

People are also massively underrating the Saints and Drew Brees who can erupt at any time. And also underrating in general just how tough division games late in season are with a rival who hates your teams guts , feels miffed and disrespected by cam and motivated to the ends of the earth to beat us by any means nessesary

4 hours ago, MadHatter said:

We held the Saints to 70 yards rushing...not against running "well" against us.  Well, he did run well based on our ridiculously high standards that this team has created.

I'm not sure that they quit running him because we were stuffing him at the line of scrimmage. He was closing in on 5 yards per carry there. Brees was eating us up in the passing game, so that probably curtailed their running game a bit.

Archived