• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official ACC Championship Game Thread

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Yep.  Pulling for Clemson but I think Alabama wins it all.  Saban is a better coach than Swinney IMO.  

And it ain't even close. Dabo has recruited almost as well as Bama and hasn't even been able to win the ACC the past few years. Much less contend for a NC

2 hours ago, pantherjack77 said:

you may WANT Clemson to beat Alabama...and you may be sick of SEC teams...but Bama gonna win that one

Many said the same thing last year, and it didn't go as planned.  Fwiw, I wasn't all that impressed with Bama yesterday, given how bad Florida looked against FSU.  Not saying they will not win it, but imo anyone of the four teams could win. 

12 hours ago, pantherjack77 said:

naw Clemson was the better team...it doesn't feel as though UNC beat themselves at all imo...they made mistakes for sure but as you watched the game Clemson was in control...did you see total yardage at half?...it got interesting at the end but the outcome was determined before

I did, but you and I both know the scoreboard is all that counts.  If  UNC's QB is something like 6 for 24, that is not good and it qualifies as beating yourself.  He missed open targets all day.  If Carolina was in the game making mistakes and staying in the game despite terrible QB play, how can anyone say, ""look at the stats--Clemson was the better team."  I think they had the better talent and I think they won the game, but if the ref makes a good "no call" on the onside kick, there was a good chance Carolina could have tied the game.  How did they do that if Clemson was so dominant?  Scoreboard is all that matters, and Clemson may have played a better game between the twenties, but a red zone pick, poor qb play, failed fake punt, and then an errant flag when the game was on the line were self-inflicted mistakes that might very well have cost UNC the game..  If Clemson dominated, it sure didn't show up on the scoreboard.  You do not get wins by controlling the game--you have to win it.  Thanks to an overzealous zebra, Clemson did not have to defend their territory to try to salvage a win.  That is not control or dominance. 

However, If you would go back and read the prior comments I made, I said the same thing--Clemson was the better team, but the better team does not always win.  So to say that the mistakes UNC made did not cost them the game does not reflect the reality of the situation.

Archived