• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heath sipping the Kool Aid, predicts 16-0

JawnyBlaze

None of the games scare me, but the Giants are streaky and if they catch us on a bad day and they are on a good day, they could surprise us.  All the rest of the teams are NFCS teams and the only team heading in the right direction (for the most part) is TB, and they just don't have the talent to hang with us.  They might make it more of a game than Atl or NO, but they're not ready for the big boy table yet.

I've said it before, the measure for expectation is how many of our players would you trade for an opponents?

New Orleans - 1?  Cooks for Cotch?

Atlanta - 1 Julio for any of our WR

New York - 1 OBJ for any of our WR

Tampa - 0

We're literally that loaded, we're sporting what I consider to be the best player in their position all over the field, Cam, Tolbert, JStew, Olsen, Kalil, Short, Luke, TD, JNo.  To be in this category means that I wouldn't trade these players for another player of the same position from any other team in the league.

It's insane how talented and deep this team is.  These guys are so good that Remmers, Norwell, Turner, Oher, Ginn, Star, Shaq, Klein, Ealy, CJ, Bene, Harper, Tillman (when healthy)...all guys playing fantastic ball are just guys on this team, not stars.

9 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

I've said it before, the measure for expectation is how many of our players would you trade for an opponents?

New Orleans - 1?  Cooks for Cotch?

Atlanta - 1 Julio for any of our WR

New York - 1 OBJ for any of our WR

Tampa - 0

We're literally that loaded, we're sporting what I consider to be the best player in their position all over the field, Cam, Tolbert, JStew, Olsen, Kalil, Short, Luke, TD, JNo.  To be in this category means that I wouldn't trade these players for another player of the same position from any other team in the league.

It's insane how talented and deep this team is.  These guys are so good that Remmers, Norwell, Turner, Oher, Ginn, Star, Shaq, Klein, Ealy, CJ, Bene, Harper, Tillman (when healthy)...all guys playing fantastic ball are just guys on this team, not stars.

New Orleans - Cooks, Breux, and Cameron Jordan

Atlanta - Julio, and Freeman

New York - OBJ, Hankins, and JPP

TB: Gerald Mccoy, Lavonte David, Mike Evans, and Kwon Alexander

Lets try and be a little objective here man.

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

New Orleans - Cooks, Breux, and Cameron Jordan

Atlanta - Julio, and Freeman

New York - OBJ, Hankins, and JPP

TB: Gerald Mccoy, Lavonte David, Mike Evans, and Kwon Alexander

Lets try and be a little objective here man.

Ok, be specific.  Cameron is a great player but what regular starter are you trading him for CJ?  Breaux I could see for Peanut.

Freeman for Stew?  Not with the body of work he's had so far.  Dude has fell off a cliff once Atlanta hit the skids.

Hankins for who?  Star or Short?  I don't see it.  JPP for Ealy or CJ?  Maybe if he had two functional hands.

McCoy is a great player, but again Star or Short?  Lavante David for TD?  Really?  No thank you.  Mike Evans for one our WR is obvious snub on my part.  Alexander for Luke, are you kidding.

For the most part I think you're being too objective.  With that said you still have a pretty short list of players you think would start over our guys from other teams.

2 hours ago, Newtcase said:

Ok, be specific.  Cameron is a great player but what regular starter are you trading him for CJ?  Breaux I could see for Peanut.

Freeman for Stew?  Not with the body of work he's had so far.  Dude has fell off a cliff once Atlanta hit the skids.

Hankins for who?  Star or Short?  I don't see it.  JPP for Ealy or CJ?  Maybe if he had two functional hands.

McCoy is a great player, but again Star or Short?  Lavante David for TD?  Really?  No thank you.  Mike Evans for one our WR is obvious snub on my part.  Alexander for Luke, are you kidding.

For the most part I think you're being too objective.  With that said you still have a pretty short list of players you think would start over our guys from other teams.

I'd do Cameron for any of our lineman without the last name Short

Freeman for Stew would probably be a pretty good deal considering age, though, the small body of work and running style makes me hesitant.

I'd do Hankins for Star, no problem with that, same with Ealy for JPP.

McCoy over Star in a heartbeat, David over Shaq is fine, Alexander can play other places other than MLB.

Caveat, as always, is, AS LONG AS THE PANTHERS SUFFER NO MAJOR INJURIES, they will go 16-0. 

AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO MAJOR INJURIES there is zero reason they should lose any of their remaining games, unless Ely Manning looks across the field and sees the Patriots when the Panthers visit NY in two weeks. 

Interesting statistic should we make it to the Giants game 13-0.

Only seven teams have started a season 13-0 or better.  The Dolphins obviously went undefeated.  Of the other six, three of them ('34 Bears, '98 Broncos, '07 Patriots) had their first loss delivered by the Giants.

I imagine that will be beat into our heads leading up to the game should we take care of business the next two weeks.

Michael Irvin, on this week's Inside the NFL, also said the Dolphins won't be popping their champagne with this year's Panthers squad... and that we're not only going to win the Super Bowl in his opinion, we're talking "dynasty" with this team and were going to win multiple Super Bowls.

The truth is out there.

Archived