• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look at that end zone....

Jeremy Igo

53 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

Not true. Pitt was ranked when they played. Also, Duke vs UNC would've been a top 20 match up had Duke not gotten screwed in the Miami game. It's not like any of the other teams on the bubble have played a gang busters schedule either. Clemson and Stanford's best wins were close games over ND who was decimated by injury.  Ohio State has only beaten one ranked team as well and they will not be a conference champion.

I understand it, but the FCS teams are what is holding UNC back.  Can't beat A&T and whoever else, and expect a Playoff berth.  That's what it comes down to.  

5 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

lol as a member of a Gamecock family, i hope the Tar Heels put their cleats up Clemson's ass. but that said, i like all the Carolina teams and, begrudgingly, i have to admit that Clemson is also a Carolina team... i want NC to win. but if Clemson wins, they damn sure better win the Natl championship and bring some pride to the Carolinas.

I lived in Columbia for about 6 years in my youth, I was a gamecocks fan. But I never really hated Clemson, like the orange. North Carolina on the other hand...

14 minutes ago, Jangler said:

I lived in Columbia for about 6 years in my youth, I was a gamecocks fan. But I never really hated Clemson, like the orange. North Carolina on the other hand...

My only beef with UNC is that it's fans seem to think they are the only school that goes simply by "Carolina". They arent, and until this year, theyve had no reason for a long time to act like they are

5 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

My only beef with UNC is that it's fans seem to think they are the only school that goes simply by "Carolina". They arent, and until this year, theyve had no reason for a long time to act like they are

Nobody but South Carolinians call South Carolina, Carolina.  Or USC for that matter.  USC resides in Cali.  Carolina resides in Chapel Hill.  Said literally the rest of the country.  

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Nobody but South Carolinians call South Carolina, Carolina.  Or USC for that matter.  USC resides in Cali.  Carolina resides in Chapel Hill.  Said literally the rest of the country.  

See everyone? This is my only problem with UNC... they just can't well enough alone and let us miserable Gamecock fans have our name. Lol.

NCTH0619 I'm cool with y'all being called Carolina, so long as you acknowledge that Columbia has just as much right to be called Carolina. There isnt only one. And last time i checked, it was the Gamecocks and their fans making the most noise at BOA during the interstate matchup this year. ;) In fact, y'all haven't beat us since before I was born (1991). Go ahead, be like a Clemson fan and point out the all time record. Lol. But y'all have won as many national championships as we have, so be careful how much trash you talk ;)

And don't get me started on SoCal.

12 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

Lol. I won't be bold enough to say if we win we're definitely in. But, I definitely think we have a more realistic shot than the general public perceives.

I think if...

• UNC win + Stanford loss = UNC is in
  • UNC loss + Stanford Win = Stanford is in
  • UNC win + Stanford win = who the hell knows?
  • UNC loss + Stanford loss = Ohio State is in

Of course this is all assuming Alabama wins. If Alabama was to get knocked off poo would hit the proverbial fan! But they should win by at least 20.

if UNC loses, then it will be Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Big10 champ, OSU and Sanford are out in the cold. The only chance either of them have is if UNC wins.

7 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

See everyone? This is my only problem with UNC... they just can't well enough alone and let us miserable Gamecock fans have our name. Lol.

NCTH0619 I'm cool with y'all being called Carolina, so long as you acknowledge that Columbia has just as much right to be called Carolina. There isnt only one. And last time i checked, it was the Gamecocks and their fans making the most noise at BOA during the interstate matchup this year. ;) In fact, y'all haven't beat us since before I was born (1991). Go ahead, be like a Clemson fan and point out the all time record. Lol. But y'all have won as many national championships as we have, so be careful how much trash you talk ;)

And don't get me started on SoCal.

It's not trash talk man, when you discuss sports and say Carolina with people out of state.  They immediately think of UNC (I travel a lot because of the military, and my job).  And when one says USC, they immediately think of Southern California.  Just because the Gamecocks were good for a few years in football doesn't mean they can assume the right to call themselves Carolina.  When they get some kind of history like UNC has with basketball, maybe, just maybe, people will take them serious.  Until then though........

18 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

It's not trash talk man, when you discuss sports and say Carolina with people out of state.  They immediately think of UNC (I travel a lot because of the military, and my job).  And when one says USC, they immediately think of Southern California.  Just because the Gamecocks were good for a few years in football doesn't mean they can assume the right to call themselves Carolina.  When they get some kind of history like UNC has with basketball, maybe, just maybe, people will take them serious.  Until then though........

I mean... our school has been around nearly as long as yours. Lol. Perhaps we haven't had the same kind of sports success, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have heard about us. And trust me I know all about the perception of the rest of the nation, I lived in PA for 9 years of my life and have spend alot of time in Arizona. 

5 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

if UNC loses, then it will be Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Big10 champ, OSU and Sanford are out in the cold. The only chance either of them have is if UNC wins.

Yes you're right. I got so riled up thinking about all of the scenarios. So basically the committee will be praying Clemson wins this ball game. I really hope it's a well officiated game so we don't have to hear any of that mess afterwards.

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

I mean... our school has been around nearly as long as yours. Lol. Perhaps we haven't had the same kind of sports success, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have heard about us. And trust me I know all about the perception of the rest of the nation, I lived in PA for 9 years of my life and have spend alot of time in Arizona. 

Fair enough.  Perception doesn't help when South Carolinas stadium was half full with Clemson fans last weekend either.  

Archived