• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton , Deshaun Watson supporting each other in undefeated seasons

Jeremy Igo

Good read from ESPN for a change...

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/88440/deshaun-watson-cam-newton-rooting-for-each-other-through-undefeated-seasons

n Charlotte, Cam Newton has his Carolina Panthers undefeated and eying a Super Bowl. Just two hours down the road in Clemson, South Carolina, Deshaun Watson has the Tigers at 10-0 and atop the College Football Playoff rankings. It’s been a wild ride for both quarterbacks, and as the season has unfolded, they have relied on each other for support.

"I know he’s been up there grinding and working hard," Watson said, "and I’m the same way. We’re both watching each other and making sure, at the end of the day, we get the Ws."

The quarterbacks have been close since Watson played in Newton’s All-Star seven-on-seven camp during his junior year of high school in 2013. Watson was a rising star in the recruiting world, but it wasn’t his talent that caught Newton’s eye. It was his approach to learning.

"He was always eager, just like a sponge," Newton said. "He’s quiet, but always looking to see how he could make his game better."

The pair got to talking, and Watson soon found that Newton had the same approach. He wasn’t much of a talker, and he liked the grind, and he loved to learn. They clicked, and the friendship blossomed from there.

I really don't care to tie the Panthers winning streak to any other team or any other sport. 

I have heard the same thing about Cam and Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who are 19-0. 

They have absolutely nothing in common except the L column.  Let's let the Panthers do their thing being the only undefeated team in the NFL and leave it at that.  No need for anyone else to steal the spotlight or some of our thunder.

3 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I really don't care to tie the Panthers winning streak to any other team or any other sport. 

I have heard the same thing about Cam and Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who are 19-0. 

They have absolutely nothing in common except the L column.  Let's let the Panthers do their thing being the only undefeated team in the NFL and leave it at that.  No need for anyone else to steal the spotlight or some of our thunder.

Aight Gollum gaddamn

22 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Someone piss in your lucky charms this morning?

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Someone piss in your lucky charms this morning?

I LOL'd

I heard from a very reliable source that Cam and Steph had a deal that if The Warriors set a record at 19-0 in the NBA, that the Carolina Panthers would have to set their own record at 19-0.

That reliable source is as reliable as they come btw, it's me. If it sounds good andbriefs  well, then just go with it.

This is pretty cool. Maybe since i don't follow other teams i don't know this, but how many young QBs are Brady, Rodgers, or Manning mentoring like this? Cam is impacting so many young players, by time his career is over half the QBs in the NFL will have been mentored by Cam. Plus, think about all the other positions Cam will influence, like Kelvin being head over heels for Cam. More and more it'll be like a prize to come play with Cam.

Archived