• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time To Give Cameron Artis-Payne More Snaps?

chknwing

Washington has close to the worst run defense in the league.  I think it would be a good idea to give CAP more snaps this game and give JStew a bit of a rest.  Especially with Fozzy being injured.   If your going to get the rookie more involved, I don't see a better team to do it against than Washington.   What says the Huddle?

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Yes. And Rivera alluded to it in his presser. We have GOT to keep stew healthy and fresh for the playoffs.

Rivera has been alluding to limiting snaps for veterans for 4 years and I still don't think it has happened. I wouldn't get your hopes up based on that.

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Rivera has been alluding to limiting snaps for veterans for 4 years and I still don't think it has happened. I wouldn't get your hopes up based on that.

I'm not. Ebbs and flows of games but at the same time I think we might see more of him active on game days.

Fozzy injured?  I missed that.  Can someone post information, please, if it is true.

Also, while I totally agree that I'd like to see CAP get more snaps, I'm not optimistic.  After all you've got Dwan coming back, and CJ & Norwell soon.  The fight for jerseys is only getting harder, and with Stew playing like he is, I'm just not sure Ron's going to pull him.

That said, it was scary to see Stew go down with a potential injury last week, with only Tolbert & Fozzy active.  I'd LIKE CAP to be active and get some playing time, but I'm not holding my breath.

32 minutes ago, 15 said:

I think when we officailly clinch a spot, you'll see CAP get a good amount of touches. If we can get him going and use him in the playoffs to spell Stewart, it could be huge for our already dominant run game. 

Well... let's keep winning and hopefully in week 14 we can clinch a spot with a win over ATL.

8 minutes ago, chknwing said:

why you say "if" it is true.

hes on the injury report with a hip injury. he was limited in practice today.

Thanks, and sorry.  No disrespect intended.  I had glanced at the injury report quickly, but missed it.  Didn't mean to doubt you, just was surprised I hadn't realized / noticed it.

Archived