• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scared White People Are Running Out of Reasons to Hate Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

I listened to Bomani Jones yesterday and he said he contacted the Charlotte Observer on why they would run a story of the woman complaining that her 9 year old was offended. He said he asked the reporter why of all the letters they got they would pick a negative story to run on their own state's QB. It wasn't a column story, it was an email they received that they decided to run. The reporter said it was news worthy? 

His question as I brought this up yesterday myself on another post is why would you go out your way to negatively showcase Cam unless you wanted to INTENTIONALLY put him in a negative spotlight..Even our own local media have issues with Cam Newton..It's apparent he won't be able to do anything right for a lot of folks and it has nothing to do with Football why he receives so much hate..

The Charlotte Observer is trash. This is the second time they did this to Cam. The first was that ridiculous cartoon of Cam with Hello Kitty on his chest. I'm not saying the local media needs to bow down to Cam, but they don't and shouldn't give these ignorant people a platform to trash him. Cam is a good guy. Why as the local media would you go out your way to find crazy people opinions about him to publish in the newspaper?  Also, their reasons for why they put her letter in the newspaper are stupid.

13 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

What do you mean by "my true feelings?" I'm simply stating that the majority of Cam's critics who are white (not all white people) are racists. It's clear as day.

Bye!!!

Categorizing most of Cam's critics as racist is stereotyping in and of itself. There are definitely critics of Cam who are racist but to say that most are racist is flat out ridiculous. I would guess that many critics of Cam don't know much about him and just remember things that the media was saying before he was drafted and the laptop and recruiting, etc. And they would see him with the towel on his head and assume he was immature without knowing Cam whatsoever. Plus there's the jealousy of people who's favorite team doesn't have a good QB as we've seen in some of the fanbases of teams we've faced this year and they hate him because he beats their teams and is happy about it. If Cam was on the Aints, Falcons or Bucs most Panthers fans would hate him and probably spew some of the same things that others do now about how he's immature or whatever just because we would hate the fact that he's a rival.

Let's be very clear here...

Cam is fighting against the status quo and white culture in the NFL. He's fighting against preconceived notions of what a QB is in the NFL both on the field and off. This is a guy who has been seen with and is friends with rappers Common and Young Jeezy. This has all been well documented. Pockets of society are resisting this, the examples are everywhere in this forums threads. For the most part, i think Cam has been embraced and is a breathe of fresh air to many. More and more people are seeing what we have seen the past five years.

He walked into his presser today smiling, kind of a oh snap what questions am i gonna be asked today. He reads and watches all of this. He knew about the lady in Tennessee. Cam knows exactly what he is doing and how it's being perceived by some folks. It reminds me of the Miami Hurricane's in the 90s who won all those national titles and were not afraid to show their own culture and upbringing. Those players were called thugs and poor sportsman's.

Just keep fuging winning and keep pounding. And Cam needs to continue to be himself. Everyone in that lockerroom has bought in.

39 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Categorizing most of Cam's critics as racist is stereotyping in and of itself. There are definitely critics of Cam who are racist but to say that most are racist is flat out ridiculous. I would guess that many critics of Cam don't know much about him and just remember things that the media was saying before he was drafted and the laptop and recruiting, etc. And they would see him with the towel on his head and assume he was immature without knowing Cam whatsoever. Plus there's the jealousy of people who's favorite team doesn't have a good QB as we've seen in some of the fanbases of teams we've faced this year and they hate him because he beats their teams and is happy about it. If Cam was on the Aints, Falcons or Bucs most Panthers fans would hate him and probably spew some of the same things that others do now about how he's immature or whatever just because we would hate the fact that he's a rival.

I'm not stereotyping anyone. I'm telling it like it is.

You're acting like I'm saying that ALL white people who hate Cam are racists. That's not what I'm saying at all.

I said MOST of them are. I see it when they write in code and I hear it when they speak. 

I'm not just making this up out of thin air.

Just now, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm not stereotyping anyone. I'm telling it like it is.

You're acting like I'm saying that ALL white people who hate Cam are racists. That's not what I'm saying at all.

I said MOST of them are. I see it when they write in code and I hear it when they speak. 

I'm not just making this up out of thin air.

You saying "MOST of them are" would be the same as someone saying "MOST black people are criminals" just because they happen to see a few black folks who are criminals.

5 hours ago, thomas96 said:

You saying "MOST of them are" would be the same as someone saying "MOST black people are criminals" just because they happen to see a few black folks who are criminals.

Terrible comparison.

"Most" black people don't get arrested.

"Most" black people don't commit crimes.

"Most" white people that criticize Cam DO use the "code words" to which Cookie is referring.

You sho' is sensitive about this for some reason.

16 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I dont ignore racism in fact I admitted that everyone is racist about something.  And while all prejudice isn't rooted in racism, all racism is rooted in prejudice.  Psychology and Sociology 101. Two subjects I have advanced degrees in BTW.  So whether you explain it or not, I totally understand it.  The question appears whether you do or not.

EVEN with your ADVANCED DEGREES, you still don't understand. You, of all people, should know that EVERYONE isn't racist about something Prejudice, yes! Racist, NO! . You, of all people should understand AND KNOW what racism really is. There is a HUGE difference. Again, don't ignore it. 

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Terrible comparison.

"Most" black people don't get arrested.

"Most" black people don't commit crimes.

"Most" white people that criticize Cam DO use the "code words" to which Cookie is referring.

You sho' is sensitive about this for some reason.

I agree that most black people aren't criminals but not that most people who criticize Cam use "code words." That's absurd.

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

You clearly didn't understand what I wrote. I'm not explaining myself again.

I understood what you wrote just fine. You claim that most of Cam's critics use code words with underlying racism. Unless you've heard every single one of Cam's critics speak about him then there's no way you can generalize like that. Cam has millions of critics in this country and to say most of them are racist, like you have, is just completely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

I understood what you wrote just fine. You claim that most of Cam's critics use code words with underlying racism. Unless you've heard every single one of Cam's critics speak about him then there's no way you can generalize like that. Cam has millions of critics in this country and to say most of them are racist, like you have, is just completely ridiculous.

Boy bye!

Archived