• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scared White People Are Running Out of Reasons to Hate Cam Newton

Jeremy Igo

The best part about this whole situation: Cam is in our opponents' heads. Football just like chess: you can make all the right moves, sacrifice your pawn for a bishop, etc. and you may win. But when you can play with your opponent's psychology - when you force them to focus on something other than the play at hand...well that is when you know you've won. Think about how dominant the Panthers will be when other NFL teams are playing ONLY to stop Cam from diving into the endzone. Over-pursuits, missed assignments, stupid penalties...all to keep one guy from dancing.

Cam may just be the smartest QB to play the game.

Keep dancing Cam! Keep dancing!

36 minutes ago, CamMoon said:

The funny thing is Cam iIS a great role model, but that has nothing to do with it. People hate Cam because they hate Cam. Russell Wilson can dab and everyone would laugh and it would be great. Cam can't pay his taxes without someone getting (fake) outraged by the way he signed his signature. It is what it is.

To be fair, his signature on his taxes did seem fake and immature.

Mickey-Mouse-signature-character-tips.jp

3 hours ago, Moorgan said:

That's only partially true. Beast Mode did all right this year with Skittles and that one where he was late to class and finally Black Ops 3 and I remember just earlier this year him being very controversial for grabbing his crotch as he fell into the end zone backwards. It depends. Always. But I don't see how Cam could be looked at as more controversial than Lynch....from the perspective of an advertiser anyways.

Keep in mind the audience that they are shooting for with Lynch, under 30 years olds who typically like controversial subjects and wont boycott products based on a players behavior.  Cam has done pretty well with Underarmor and Gatorade and the same thing applies, the market is young physically active people who may reject standard conventions and mores.  But when you mentioned State Farm that is a very different market which is much older and mature and a lot more prone to avoiding controversy.  BTW I have no expertise in marketing or advertising so what I am saying is speculation on my part and might be totally wrong.

6 hours ago, Day_One said:

why even post this racial trash.. always gotta stir the race pot.. cant we just all agree then only race that matters right now is Brown and murdering people?   

Moving on. 

I'm betting this was the one that provoked @Jeremy Igo (rightly) into posting his Clean Up The Huddle And Your Own Acts post.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

I think a simple dab should be incorporated in the Purrcusion drum line routine and the Top Cats pregame routine. Cheerleaders line up in the high kick long line and dab together just before their 1st kick. Awesome!

The whole team should dab on dem when the thanksgiving Turkey is being carved after we whoop the cowgirls. It will be a nice F U to all the haters on national TV

47 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

Just because you choose to ignore it(racism) doesn't mean that it isn't there. Prejudice and racism are two entirely different things. Sociology 101. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

I dont ignore racism in fact I admitted that everyone is racist about something.  And while all prejudice isn't rooted in racism, all racism is rooted in prejudice.  Psychology and Sociology 101. Two subjects I have advanced degrees in BTW.  So whether you explain it or not, I totally understand it.  The question appears whether you do or not.

Most of the attacks you see against Cam's dancing are due those people hating black culture. Most of them are not racist (believing the black race is inferior), nor are they bigots (intolerant toward those holding different opinions). They simply hate certain aspects of black culture. Why? It's an emotional response, so don't expect a clear and logical explanation. They see the dancing, feel upset/offended/angry ect, and then express their feelings by complaining.

In black culture dancing is in general more sexually suggestive. White culture, for centuries, practiced dancing that was anything but sexually suggestive. This began to change when black culture began to effect white culture. Elvis Presley, and other white entertainers, decided to dance in a slightly sexually suggestive manner. Most white people were highly offended, and tv stations refused to film Elvis dancing below the waist early in his career. Keep in mind that America was settled in part by religions puritans, and their DNA is still in the white population today. Why does DNA matter? Religious susceptibility and piousness are tied to a mild form of STPD which can be hereditary.

The bottom line is that the people complaining need to be ignored by the media. Will that happen? Of course not because it's their job to stir the pot.

I listened to Bomani Jones yesterday and he said he contacted the Charlotte Observer on why they would run a story of the woman complaining that her 9 year old was offended. He said he asked the reporter why of all the letters they got they would pick a negative story to run on their own state's QB. It wasn't a column story, it was an email they received that they decided to run. The reporter said it was news worthy? 

His question as I brought this up yesterday myself on another post is why would you go out your way to negatively showcase Cam unless you wanted to INTENTIONALLY put him in a negative spotlight..Even our own local media have issues with Cam Newton..It's apparent he won't be able to do anything right for a lot of folks and it has nothing to do with Football why he receives so much hate..

Archived