• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's celebration was not excessive

Jeremy Igo

Love it when the stick-up-their-a$$ holier-than-thou moral police pop-up and inject their opinion in irrelevant situations. This is s football game for God's sake. Personally, the whole taunting business is non-sense for me. These are grown a$$ men living their dream. Let them celebrate. I go not problem with celebrations. I can take it when they do it against us.

Lotta people talk trash at the bar where I watch the games. No problem with me. Some are kinda crazy, so I pick my battles. Like today the Bucs-Cowboys game was on the next screen. Winston gets decked and fumbles the ball trying to Somersault into the end zone. I turned to the Bucs fan across the bar and yelled "he's just trying to be like Cam" ... dude didn't care. and this is a hardcore bucs fan that was yelling celebrating every 1st down.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. It's that simple

37 minutes ago, TheRed said:

My response was less about your post, and more about the general sentiment from some fans about celebrations.

Cam Newton was drafted to Carolina after the Panthers fielded one of the worst teams to ever play a season in 2010. Yet ever since, somehow celebrating became an issue whether we are winning or losing. Why? Who knows really. Some of these people are just old racist fools, some are just living in an era that passed them by, either way they need to get the fug over it or find another team. I'm not sugar coating it anymore. It's time to poo or get off the pot. These are our Carolina Panthers, anyone who doesn't like it can get to stepping.

I don't like ANYONE celebrating like that. It has nothing to do with Cam, or Steve Smith when he did it, it's just not my style. I didn't trash him or say anything derogatory about him, I simply said I didn't like it.

Calm down nancy, you're definitely targeting the wrong fuging person. My support for Cam, since he was drafted, has never wavered. I defend him constantly so take your fuging soapbox and chide someone else.

41 minutes ago, TheRed said:

My response was less about your post, and more about the general sentiment from some fans about celebrations.

Cam Newton was drafted to Carolina after the Panthers fielded one of the worst teams to ever play a season in 2010. Yet ever since, somehow celebrating became an issue whether we are winning or losing. Why? Who knows really. Some of these people are just old racist fools, some are just living in an era that passed them by, either way they need to get the fug over it or find another team. I'm not sugar coating it anymore. It's time to poo or get off the pot. These are our Carolina Panthers, anyone who doesn't like it can get to stepping.

I see that you just can't help but show your racism over and over.  Every comment about Csm is NOT because of the color of his skin.  Some think excessive celebrations look stupid and some love them....and that is fine.  But, leave the racist remarks in the TB.

Everyone with the stick up their asses secretly wants Russell Wilson as their model qb.  Hand the ball to the referee, a nod to the fans, then jog to sideline to shake hands with teammates and start reviewing pictures on the surface tablet.  Oh, and rescue a puppy stuck in a well on the way the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I don't like ANYONE celebrating like that. It has nothing to do with Cam, or Steve Smith when he did it, it's just not my style. I didn't trash him or say anything derogatory about him, I simply said I didn't like it.

Calm down nancy, you're definitely targeting the wrong fuging person. My support for Cam, since he was drafted, has never wavered. I defend him constantly so take your fuging soapbox and chide someone else.

Why watch the game then if you can't enjoy yourself?

Nobody forced you to make that post. Taking your ire out on me makes no sense.

That celebration clearly was a little longer and more animated by Cam.  It was definitely a statement to the Titans defense...likely for crap they were saying/doing during the game.

anyone who watches Cam knows that he does his first down pose and TD celebrations very consistently.  This one was personal....and that is why I thought it was warranted.  

Just now, TheRed said:

Why watch the game then if you can't enjoy yourself?

Nobody forced you to make that post. Taking your ire out on me makes no sense.

Lol, you can't be serious. Are you the pot or the kettle? I enjoy myself plenty and have watched every game and will continue to do so. You're being ridiculous and you know it. 

Just now, Jackofalltrades said:

Lol, you can't be serious. Are you the pot or the kettle? I enjoy myself plenty and have watched every game and will continue to do so. You're being ridiculous and you know it. 

Then why are you complaining about a celebration after a road win, and a 9-0 record?

Holy poo man, enjoy your life. Is that too much to ask?

Archived