• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Dobs... the sign guy... oh my

Jeremy Igo

OK so just re listened to this dude yet again. The statement with "I had my Army Veteran Hat on.". I work for a military surplus store. We run an online business. I am fairly certain that myself of my fellow employees dont check to see if the person that orders a certain hat from us has the credentials to wear said hat. That being said..... ANYONE CAN BUY A HAT THAT SAYS THAT BRO. I mean seriously come on dude. If you are reading this and served in our military, THANK YOU. I do not want to come across as hating our military or our veterans, but this dude has aggravated me a little.

4 minutes ago, The Vanguard said:

OK so just re listened to this dude yet again. The statement with "I had my Army Veteran Hat on.". I work for a military surplus store. We run an online business. I am fairly certain that myself of my fellow employees dont check to see if the person that orders a certain hat from us has the credentials to wear said hat. That being said..... ANYONE CAN BUY A HAT THAT SAYS THAT BRO. I mean seriously come on dude. If you are reading this and served in our military, THANK YOU. I do not want to come across as hating our military or our veterans, but this dude has aggravated me a little.

It's pathetic that he is even playing that card because it's irrelevant. 

one inherent problem with unequivocal, unqualified military worship is that it becomes culturally impossible for a veteran to be appropriated as douchebag, as long as he or she falls under the banner of Our Troops. ironically it is almost always military veterans themselves who see through that fallacy and call assholes like this one out: being a veteran and being a raging dickhole are not mutually exclusive and we should all remember that.

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

one inherent problem with unequivocal, unqualified military worship is that it becomes culturally impossible for a veteran to be appropriated as douchebag, as long as he or she falls under the banner of Our Troops. ironically it is almost always military veterans themselves who see through that fallacy and call assholes like this one out: being a veteran and being a raging dickhole are not mutually exclusive and we should all remember that.

As a disabled veteran, let me unequivocally say (through my personal experience only) that the percentage of douchebags in the veteran community closely approximates that of the general population.

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

I'm just saying Philly, the only people I've seen mention his veteran status in his defense are packers fans on their Facebook. 

I've seen far more criticise him for being a whiny bitch.

1 minute ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I'm just saying Philly, the only people I've seen mention his veteran status in his defense are packers fans on their Facebook. 

I've seen far more criticise him for being a whiny bitch.

I think his point is more of a criticism of Mike Dobs using it as an attempt to shield himself against any push back or being called out for being the asshole he is.

Luckily most Panthers fans see through it

Just now, teeray said:

I think his point is more of a criticism of Mike Dobs using it as an attempt to shield himself against any push back or being called out for being the asshole he is.

Luckily most Panthers fans see through it

Yeah, I know what he's getting at and unfortunately he's right in a good amount of cases.

Here are his main points, and my rebuttals:

1. He's a vet, so Cam should have treated him better.  I'm not sure how Cam was supposed to know he was a vet - the hat alone wouldn't have told him that, and I doubt Cam was looking at his hat anyway.  Cam was looking at the disrespectful sign.  The guy himself said that Cam was "in a daze" when he came over and tore the sign down, so how did he expect Cam to know his and his entire family's backstory?
  2. He says the sign was pre-approved by stadium staff and that the sign wasn't attached to the railing.  I think someone coached him on these responses to slant the narrative in his favor.  I'd like someone to track down the staff from this game and see if anyone admits to pre-approving it.  Personally, I think it's unlikely, but if so, I'm sure he was told not to display it over the railing.  Also, it doesn't necessarily matter if the sign was attached to the railing because the stadium policy clearly says that opposing banners can't be "affixed to or displayed on any surface."  So, even if the banner wasn't affixed to the railing, it was clearly hanging over the railing or else Cam has super long Inspector Gadget arms to be able to grab it from above the railing.
  3. He makes peanuts, while Cam makes millions.  He's just a poor guy that only gets to travel and go to a game a year and can barely afford a $500 banner for his man cave.  That's one game/trip more than a lot of folks.  If he's so poor, maybe he shouldn't be traveling around to so many games and purchasing $500 banners that could probably be had for about $50-$100 max.

I'm sure he said a lot more that I could rebut, but I don't have the time or energy.

He isn't not some poor every man. That is 1000% bulshit. His son in law said they spent $5,000 on tickets. Most people can't afford that poo. i also like that he thinks being in the military gives him a license to be a jackass. He is literally the worst kind of person. 

Archived