• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Dobs... the sign guy... oh my

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, JakeR6 said:

http://abc11.com/sports/fayetteville-vet-to-newton-you-just-disrespected-me/1075926/

110915-wtvd-mike-dobs-2-img.jpg

When Dobs returned to his seats, he said he was met by six police officers who were there to take an incident report.

He filed theft charges against Newton after quickly realizing it was too late to get the $500 banner back.

"One of the gentleman said 'Cam Newton took it to the locker room and destroyed it,'" recalled Dobs. "I was shocked because that was the one thing that I wanted to prevent by following all of the policies, all the procedures. Going through everything that you asked me to do, and then you steal my property."

"As a professional that gets paid to play a game? And to refer to it as protecting his turf...like a gang, or to say we're going to war...," said Dobs. "I've been to war. That's a game you're playing that you're getting paid for. So don't even say stuff like that."

Dobs noted the gesture was an extra slap in the face during a game to honor veterans.

"If he wants to see heroes come visit true heroes. Come see what life is about," said Dobs. "And that's what makes me mad. You can say that you support the veterans and let all the balloons go wild, but do you really support? Cause you just disrespected me. And you knew I was a vet because I had the hat on."

In all honesty, I got no issue with someone being irked.  Got no real issue if they wanted to go through the Panther FO about it despite the common sense risk he took....

but this dude screams attention seeking victim.  Also overplays his military card.  Also seems racist based on the Facebook post reported he made about how he was going to act like Cam was either homeless looking for money or going to rob him (couldn't make sense of that ) and then throwing this gang mention. 

and clearly you think it should all be about you....and no, I highly doubt Cam inspected your hat and said yeah, let me stick it to a vet a...LOL.  

Hrmm...if I went into Philly, Oakland, Cleveland, or Atlanta with a big Panthers banner...what would happen and what would the authorities do?

Don't disrespect a team's stadium. Go and enjoy the the game but don't expect the kindness and hospitality of your home turf. Be glad all he lost was his sign.

Being from Fayetteville and having friends or I refer to them as FB friends(I would never go to visit them)that live in Hope Mills....I am sure I have like 2 degrees of seperation from this over inflated-dellusionally entitled asshat.  

Fun fact: 185% of shares-likes and support for the Starbucks is anti Christian movement originates from the Hope Mills area..

Burn Fayettenam Burn! 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Dude, you think a family of racists would live ANYWHERE NEAR the "kind" of people who would give him hell for making trouble for Cam Newton?

Think, man... THINK.

He lives in the Carolinas.  I'd like to think there are Panther fans around him.

If they aren't giving him crap, then they deserve crap.

1 hour ago, JakeR6 said:

http://abc11.com/sports/fayetteville-vet-to-newton-you-just-disrespected-me/1075926/

"If he wants to see heroes come visit true heroes. Come see what life is about," said Dobs. "And that's what makes me mad. You can say that you support the veterans and let all the balloons go wild, but do you really support? Cause you just disrespected me. And you knew I was a vet because I had the hat on."

fug him!! I have seen Cam literally give the shirt off his back to Veterans.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He lives in the Carolinas.  I'd like to think there are Panther fans around him.

If they aren't giving him crap, then they deserve crap.

Dude EVEN ON THE HUDDLE there are Carolina "fans" that hate Cam Newton for... "reasons".

And they hate him more than they (supposedly) like the Panthers.

7 minutes ago, Datawire said:

fug him!! I have literally seen Cam give the shirt off his back to Veterans.

I've got plenty of family and friends who served.  Not a single one I know ever trades on it.

I can tell you what they think of a--holes who do trade on it, though.

4 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Dude EVEN ON THE HUDDLE there are Carolina "fans" that hate Cam Newton for... "reasons".

And they hate him more than they (supposedly) like the Panthers.

I know not every fan is a good fan, sadly.

Heck, I've argued with idiots till I'm weary of arguing (both here and in real life),

Archived