• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In all the excitement, this can't be forgotten

Jeremy Igo

Today the Panthers honored fallen military heroes. They did so by having every player wear the initials of a fallen hero on their helmet. The players knew their names and their background, the soldiers they were playing for. 

Before the game, family members of each hero was given a helmet with their loved ones initials and a signature from the player representing them on the playing field. 

It was an extremely touching and emotional moment for many when they were applauded. My eyes started welling up just like theirs. 

IGO_0902-Edit.thumb.jpg.5e1153a0498ec0df

I was so incredibly impressed by these folks and by the Panthers plan to honor them and their lost loved ones. This needs to be a yearly event for sure. 

Could not have been prouder to support and cover the Carolina Panthers at that moment. 

So awesome for the Panthers to do this.  The players obviously took it to heart.

Cam made sure to mention who he was playing for in his post-game interview.  So did Devin Funchess, So did Charles Tillman, So did Jared Allen....

Our guys get a lot of fame, but they know what true heroism is and what really matters.

THIS is why I'm a die-hard Panthers addict.

I actually missed this game because of the Army. First one all season. But I felt like they don't need me pulling for them...they're pulling for the true heroes.

My stance has always been, I'm thanked too much for my service. The soldiers that deserve recognition are the ones that can't say thank you back. Veterans Day is for us. Memorial Day is for them.

Memorial Day > Veterans Day

My family is full of veterans who have served in multiple wars…WWII, Korean, Vietnam, etc.

This makes me so proud to be part of Panther Nation and this organization is the class of the NFL.

I did not get to witness this on tv but I knew about it and I read each veteran's bio before the game. I was really choked up and crying through these and am proud to be an American and a Panther fan.

Archived