• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam and Co get some love from NY Times

blackcat

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

drudge report is one degree of separation away from stormfront. you should be embarrassed to visit that racist propaganda factory for anything other than sociological research on morons

You voting for Hillary or Bernie?

With paragraphs like this:

Questions about maturity dogged Newton for years. But he has largely put that to rest over time, and the Panthers were confident enough to hand him a five-year, $103 million contract extension in the off-season that made him among the highest-paid players in the league.

I'll pass on this article, and had to stop as soon as I read the above paragraph. Just rehashing the "same ole, same ole" regurgitated, hyperbolic nonsense to cover themselves before complimenting.

13 minutes ago, blackcat said:

You voting for Hillary or Bernie?

hillary strikes me as the archetypical power-hungry politician and i can't distinguish her from the establishment of the past 30 years on much of anything besides social issues (and even there she sways with the wind.)

but that's tinderbox fodder

“I think Cam has taken a pretty typical path toward leadership,” tight end Greg Olsen said. “I think he did it naturally. I think he did it both by his play and by the way he does things off the field. I think when you come in as a young player, as he did, with such expectations and such high regard with what he accomplished, first overall pick and all that, obviously there’s a lot of expectation placed on you. He’s done everything and more to surpass those expectations both from his performance and his development into a leadership position.”

Because the truth of the matter, the only expectations that need to be raised are ours. The only standard we need to play to is ours. The thing that you have to be careful about is the outside noise. People are going to talk — ‘16-0, 19-0!’ So that’s one of the things you try to tell everybody: ‘Hey, manage the expectations.’

“I think we’ve gone through enough in my five seasons here that certain things we’re able to cope and deal with.”

Worth the read.  Thanks for the link.

Have I mentioned I love this team?

Archived