• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Star Wars Trailer...

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, chris999 said:

I dont mean moving the company overseas... I am talking about here on American soil.

Disney fired their American workers, broght workers from other countries to America to pay them less money thanAmericans, then had the Americans train them.

That is bullshit, and is what is wrong with this country.

I think It was a bit less blatant than that. I might be wrong but Disney engaged a separate company to outsource those jobs. The company then went and got a lot of workers from offshore via H1B. I think it is on the cusp of legal but still douche filled tactics. What makes matters worse is part of the severance agreement was to train the offshore resource. 

I find it interesting that people are attempting to say that you shouldn't take a stand against one thing you feel strongly about because you can't or won't take a stand against every single similar situation. I'm not debating the particular situation here being worthy of a personal boycott or not. That logic is pretty silly.

12 minutes ago, Udogg said:

You are an evil, evil man.  Don't subject your child to Jar Jar!!!   You are at the precipice,  you won't be able to take it back once you do it. 

And I hope the person who created that link burns in hell.

Jar Jar only sucks until you read the theory, see the evidence, and accept the reality of the greatest deception any Sith Lord ever accomplished.

16 minutes ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

Jar Jar only sucks until you read the theory, see the evidence, and accept the reality of the greatest deception any Sith Lord ever accomplished.

You and Razor are like Sith Lords trying to convert me to the darkside.  I see through your lies!!!!!

Jesus people, do your OWN research instead of parroting talking heads on the news. And calling it news is a longshot. We don't get news anymore, we get OPINIONS about the news. Totally spoon-fed society.

The problem isn't outsourcing. The jobs disappeared because of a little thing called technological unemployment, where people are replaced by machines. Decades ago, manufacturing and industrial jobs were the main hub of employment in America. Then the machines came. Machines are cheap to run, require no wage or retirement or annual taxes, they don't complain, require only routine maintenance, require no breaks or holidays, they never get sick or take out workers compensation for workplace injuries, and they can work 24 hours a day every day. Not to mention the speed, quality and accuracy of the products they assemble is unmatched by even the most skilled worker. It's a no-brainer and you simply cannot stop technologies that make sense once they make it into the public eye. That's where the jobs went and they are NOT coming back, and any political figure that claims they will bring the jobs back is lying to your face. 

That's where the jobs went. Not to mention agriculture jobs are only represented by about 2% of the population. It used to be much higher, this is due to industrialized mega farms. Economies of scale are completely necessary in a society with such a high population and demand such as ours. Sorry Green Peace.

The real problem, in my opinion, is basing our entire economy on a system instituted way back in 16th century England, and has roots dating as far back as the 12th century. I don't know what the right way to go from here is, but I know we can do better than we are.

I'm 23. Step up your research game, old heads.

i honestly feel like separating this thread up and trowing out all the political talk so we can just revel in the future awesomeness that is star wars.

but im too lazy.

seriously, some of you guys need to loosen up...and get ready to watch the force awakens just to have fun.

Archived