• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nailed it.

Jeremy Igo

its funny because I feel like were like 75% as good as we could be. We're 7-0 and i think this team can get much better in the near future as far as getting Kelvin back, adding weapons to the WR core and secondary..  So many young players at crucual positions that will only get better..

it feels great doing awesome and I wish it wasnt with one hand tied behind our back..  we just find a way to win. Gettleman is building a consistent powerhouse and were only 75% the way there or less

9 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

Adam Schein's goofy looking ass predicted we wouldn't win more than 6 games. I was glad when I heard that because that fuging idiot is wrong about literally everything that drools out of his mouth.

Yeah I remember this Adam Schein gem....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167664/article/carolina-panthers-going-nowhere-with-ron-rivera-cam-newton

2 hours ago, GhostP. said:

And then they'll reply that we had a cupcake schedule .. right?  The circle will continue ..

I was actually having this conversation with someone the other day.  Good teams beat lesser teams, that is what makes them good teams.  But also, mostly, good teams lose to other good teams.

Think about this (BTW I know you arent the one saying we had a weak schedule, just talking generally here), a good year is typically a 10 win season.

Okay, so 10 wins is good, assuming you finish in the top 2 in your division that would mean you play 8 of your 16 games against teams that finish in the bottom 2 of their respective divisions.

You play:

Your division's bottom two teams twice for 4 games

non division designation's bottom two teams so 4 more games (like for us AFC South and NFC East this year)

So if you take care of those 8 bottom division teams and say you play 8 good teams but only win twice.... you are 10-6.  Pretty good team.

Now, not all divisions are equal and many have good 3 teams, but point being,  good teams beat lesser teams, and then try to scrounge a few wins from the equal or better teams. That means you are a good team, not a bad or average one

One other thing.  We have won a few close games on paper, but if I recall correctly in every game except Seattle we at one point held a double digit lead in the 4th quarter.  So even though a few games have been closer at the end, these games generally were not as close as the final score.  We have been pretty dominant.

Okay /rant

2 minutes ago, Marguide said:

Good post, but it's dominant, damnit, not dominate.

Sorry, it's my pet peeve. Kind of like how people calling the read option a base offense drives you (me too) nuts.

That drives me nuts too.

Archived