• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J-No's Big Money contract

firefox1234

J-No's Contract  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gman give Norman the contract he wants?

• Yes, he is a key player like Luke and Cam!!!
    • No, he is 27 years old we gotta pay Short and probaby KB in the future and other teams will give him a bigger offer
    • No, but he will be tagged

DG understands his importance to the team. It all depends how much Josh wants though. I don't think we'll pay him an amount that would win a bidding war in free agency so if that's what he wants he's probably gone. But I don't think he wants the absolute most he could possibly get--just a respectable amount.

If Person's report a while ago was true, Josh turned down $7M/year before the year. I was shocked by how much that was for DG to offer after only a half a season of good play so I think that shows how much DG likes Josh. 

I think/hope that Josh is just looking for the $10M/year mark--that's what he's mentioned in interviews talking about how people don't think he's worth $10M/year so that may be the mark that he's looking for. If it is, he's a career Panther.

I think Josh truly does want to be here more than anything else so I'm pretty confident we'll keep him. Nervous though that we won't since he may be one of my favorite Panthers in recent memory and if he keeps at it will be one of my favorite of all time.

1.  He'll want the going rate for a top 5 corner.  Probably #1.  Currently, that 14 million.

2.  He won't get that next year because we'll franchise tag him.  12 million or so.

3.  He's 27.  We should get a slight discount on a 3 or 4 year deal unless he wants to hit FA at 28 and take a chance on injury

4 yr for 50 million with 35 guan.

Something tells me Joshs opinion on what he's worth is different from what Gettleman's opinion on what he's worth.

I think 10.5-12 mil/yr is fair but would they both agree to that?

I suppose this next negotiation will tell us a lot more about Norman and Gman both.

1 hour ago, propagandamachine said:

Getts trusts his eyes and his checkbook... when he says you're worth $7 million - He means you're worth $7 million. 

He was willing to pay $7M/year for someone who had only been a starter for 10 games (not counting his rookie year where he was basically forced into a starting position which he wasn't ready for at all) and would be taking a huge gamble paying that much for a player who had played well for so little games. That's a ridiculously high offer in those circumstances and now after seeing him not just play as well as he has last year but actually dominate the league all 6 games this year and actually be a reason we've won about half of our games I'm sure he'll up his offer by a fairly large sum.

Reading an article about Josh last week it was mentioned that he and Richardson were tight, so that could work to our favor.  I really think that if he doesn't sign a deal in the offseason DG will tag him.  However, I hope it doesn't get to that.  Josh has repeatedly said that this is where he wants to be and I hope he doesn't let his agent too far into his head and works with the team.  IF we can keep this defense together it could be something special.

Josh is a Carolina guy.   He isn't going anywhere.    The question is how many players want to be here and take a million or two less a year to remain a part of what is becoming one of the best organizations in the NFL.   Working conditions are a real thing.   Playing for a. Winning  team is a real thing.   Our key guys are going to be here a while. 

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen with him. Before the season I felt like we could let him go, but he's emerged as a legit shutdown elite corner and those aren't easy to find. We know DG was willing to give him $7 million based on half a season of solid play; is he willing to go double that for a true elite cover guy?

I honestly don't know the answer to that.

Would love to keep Norman but can't see it happening if he wants more than 12 million a year 

edit:  to early in the morning for me.  

Just need to sign Star and Short next year besides Norman. 

Cap space looks great next year. Smitty contract comes off next year.So pay the man!

Archived