• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons 0-2 in NFC South

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Saints have a lot of new pieces, but it looks like they are putting them together.  Obviously their D can be scored on, but I don't like the way we match up against them in a shootout. 

Saints are the same team as we played. There defense can't stop angry girl scouts much less Cam Newton. There offense is based on quick passes and run game. Kinda like the Eagles but less talented. 

47 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I wouldn't exactly say it's out of reach, I just don't see very many possible losses looking at the Panthers schedule. Worst case scenario is 3. A loss to the Packers, split with Falcons and loss to the Saints. But that's worst case scenario. I could see them going 15-1. It's just hard for a team to do that. 

Crazy things happen in this division though. In 2013, Panthers started 1-3 and Saints started 5-0.

Fact is the South rarely has teams that just lay down after losing early. The Falcons are the closest thing. Def not like the AFC East and South that's for sure. Come December I fully expect both Saints and Falcons to be fighting for a wildcard. 

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

Fact is the South rarely has teams that just lay down after losing early. The Falcons are the closest thing. Def not like the AFC East and South that's for sure. Come December I fully expect both Saints and Falcons to be fighting for a wildcard. 

Lucky for him, the Falcons usually fold when it comes down to the come down.

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not sold on the Falcons. I see 7 or 8 wins on the Panthers schedule. I see 2 or 3 on the Falcons.

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Saints are the same team as we played. There defense can't stop angry girl scouts much less Cam Newton. There offense is based on quick passes and run game. Kinda like the Eagles but less talented. 

This isn't true. You played a Luke Mccown led team, and even though he played decent, he's not a healthy Drew Brees. 

This is basically the same as people not understanding the changes the Panthers made last year. Saints have 4 rookies starting on D and another 3 playing a lot of snaps. They had 2 new starters on the offensive line along with tweaking their offense with the moving of Graham. Played the entire Bucs game with an injured Drew and then didn't have him for the Carolina game.

We've played the first half of the season without our best corner in Lewis, who's only played a handful of snaps. We played the first 4 without Byrd and 2 of those without his backup, Bush, who got hurt against Tampa. 

The team has 25 guys on the roster who weren't here last year. The team now is no where close to the team you played early in the season, as evident by them winning 4 of 5.

10 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

yet they just gave up like 45+ points.

seriously don't even mention defensive players that haven't been there. NO's defense is a dumpster fire.

That being said Brees is showing he is still Brees. I'm not taking that game in NO lightly.

It was 49. 7 was a fumble return TD. 7 more was after a sack fumble that got called back for a hold that apparently occurred after the ball was on the ground for a good 2 seconds. Giants converted 4th and goal for 2 TDs, including a fluke throw it up play that a defender mistimed his jump on. 

The he defense had its struggles yesterday, but I feel like they're improving. The Giants got 6 1st downs on penalties after stops yesterday. Are they the Panthers? No. But they're building.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm not sold on the Falcons. I see 7 or 8 wins on the Panthers schedule. I see 2 or 3 on the Falcons.

We still have a long road to go but if we get CJ back and avoid injury it's possible the #1 seed will be in Charlotte. Would be funny if that ends up a Division game. 

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

We still have a long road to go but if we get CJ back and avoid injury it's possible the #1 seed will be in Charlotte. Would be funny if that ends up a Division game. 

I certainly don't think that's out of the question. The GB game is huge, obviously. But they have a much tougher road than you guys anyway. I'd be surprised if yall don't end up with the 1 or 2. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

after the Saints game a reporter asked Ron about the Saints, he said something to the effect of 
"they'll get it together".

They've got a long way to go. The teams not incredibly rich in talent, but they play hard and have a great group of leaders in the locker room, which was sorely missed last year. I'm pleased with the turnaround, not only with the Saints, but the entire South. The season is so much more fun when we're all competitive. It's nice to not have to listen to how garbage our division is this year.

39 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

They've got a long way to go. The teams not incredibly rich in talent, but they play hard and have a great group of leaders in the locker room, which was sorely missed last year. I'm pleased with the turnaround, not only with the Saints, but the entire South. The season is so much more fun when we're all competitive. It's nice to not have to listen to how garbage our division is this year.

Talking heads aren't outright disrespecting the NFC South turnaround, but under their breath or as a last word parting shot they chalk it up to the AFC South and NFC East. Media won't buy into a turnaround until next year when our division gets the AFC West and NFC West.

Archived