• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: trades that would make sense.. Megatron to Panthers

PanthersUnited

CJ is not attainable, however Vernon Davis is on the block and I think the Panthers should give a hard look at him. Might as well run 2 TE sets if our receivers can't separate.

the only problem with acquiring someone via trade (the Panthers are 1 great receiving option away from being a Super Bowl contender...sorry, rose color glasses it all you want but its true) is that the deadline is Monday at 4 and we play on Monday night. Thus we can't trade players because it would screw us for the Monday night game.

So I seriously doubt we do any trading. and we will go into the post season praying and hoping that someone breaks out in the WR corp.

18 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

CJ is not attainable, however Vernon Davis is on the block and I think the Panthers should give a hard look at him. Might as well run 2 TE sets if our receivers can't separate.

the only problem with acquiring someone via trade (the Panthers are 1 great receiving option away from being a Super Bowl contender...sorry, rose color glasses it all you want but its true) is that the deadline is Monday at 4 and we play on Monday night. Thus we can't trade players because it would screw us for the Monday night game.

So I seriously doubt we do any trading. and we will go into the post season praying and hoping that someone breaks out in the WR corp.

It's not "rose colored glasses" to believe this team can win the Super Bowl as is.

How many elite recievers has the Seahawks had the last two seasons? They were a bad call away from back to back Super Bowls.

Of course it would be nice to add a stud WR to the mix, but it's not imperative imho.

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

We already run 2 TE sets more often than not and Dickson is better than Davis at this point so that makes absolutely no sense.

The deadline is Tuesday and we can certainly contend for a Super Bowl without trading for someone. We're 6-0 right now and will get CJ back before the playoffs so there's no reason that a Super Bowl berth is out of the question. Got nothing to do with rose colored glasses.

I doubt we do any more trading as well but we won't be hoping and praying that a WR breaks out. We haven't needed one in any of the past 6 games. We'll continue to play our style of physical football and see where it takes us.

Archived