• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: trades that would make sense.. Megatron to Panthers

PanthersUnited

rotoworld has his cap hit @ 5 million next year, 5.5 the year after that, and 1 million in 2018. If there could be some restructuring done we could cut his cap hit to 3.75 mill for the next three seasons, In my opinion it would be worth it if he is playing like he is now. Either way I for sure see stu as a panther next year

Those are his base salaries, not cap hit. Stewart isn't going anywhere until after 2016. 

is this anything similar to what everyone thought about Moss when he was stuck in Oakland...ya know, before Brady and all...

Yet Johnson is playing with the same team and guys he's had success with in the past.  The Lions are a pass happy team, and yet he isn't doing the things he used to do.  Of course he would be an upgrade for us, but I wouldn't trade for him.  

We would only save $2.25M by cutting him. Not really worth it when he is performing at the level he is currently.

Is there anything we could do with him or CJ or both where we add dummy years at the end of their contract to help with the cap hit, or is that unfeasible at this point?  Also worry about Kalil (really wish we'd draft a center to groom)...

Is there anything we could do with him or CJ or both where we add dummy years at the end of their contract to help with the cap hit, or is that unfeasible at this point?  Also worry about Kalil (really wish we'd draft a center to groom)...

all 3 of those contracts are already overly leveraged. CJ just really needs to be cut after the year and then we try to sign him back for cheaper. Stews contract is fine if he keeps up his play. He's probably got a couple more years before he hits the RB age wall. Kalil is more than earning his.

Jeffrey would be hometown discount. I'd make it a conditional draft pick, if so i'd be in for Alshon. If he showed out, pay him in the end. I do not like the idea of trading for receivers in the middle of the season, it never works. Didn't he take a while to pick up Chicago's offense when he was drafted?

Not a chance.  He's paid too much for us and he's also on the decline and it's been evident for a couple years.  He's still a beast but yeah.

Alshon trade would make a ton more sense.  Chicago is rebuilding or needs to.  They have Kevin White in the wings so they can afford to let Alshon go instead of paying him to be around on a bad team.  We can trade a 5th or something, or even a 4th, if he agrees to a new contract with us.  It wouldn't be stupid to pay him.  KB will be on his rookie deal for a few more years and by the time Alshon's deal will be up, we can let him walk and then pay KB, depending on how both are performing at the time.  CJ will gone or will have to get a new contract, that frees up money.  Stewart will be cut and maybe re-signed, we'll see.   The big thing would be requiring a new contract from Alshon, if not it better be like a 7th for a rental (the same thing I'd agree with for Boldin).

So yeah, Jeffrey and Boldin make way more sense for us and sometimes I'd be on board with in both those scenarios (4/5 for Jeffrey if he signs a new deal) or a 6/7 for Boldin for this year (and maybe he resigns cheap, but doesn't matter).  

Archived