• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: trades that would make sense.. Megatron to Panthers

PanthersUnited

He has a 24 million dollar cap hit next year.  And large hits after though (tho small dead money hits).

Not happening, never could, never would. 

beyond that, what do we really have to trade. (notice not a question)

I'll be so glad when the trade deadline passes, so the trade proposals that never happen don't happen again.

Gonna have to disagree here.

Love what Stewie is doing this year, but is it really worth $8M per year?  Not when drafting quality RBs in lower rounds a dime-a-dozen is SOP these days, no.

(P.S. And his cap number next year is $9.5M)

We would only save $2.25M by cutting him. Not really worth it when he is performing at the level he is currently.

He has a 24 million dollar cap hit next year.  And large hits after though (tho small dead money hits).

Not happening, never could, never would. 

$24M cap hit for Detroit. It would be a $16M cap for us. You don't take on the dead money when you trade for a guy. Detroit has to eat all of it. Still wouldn't happen without a sizable pay cut from him.

Love what Stewie is doing this year, but is it really worth $8M per year?  Not when drafting quality RBs in lower rounds a dime-a-dozen is SOP these days, no.

RBs are a dime a dozen in standard offenses.  Need a certain type runner in this offense given how we are built and forced to play.   There aren't tons of power runners out there that can successfully do the dirty work we ask....a lot of RBs to pickup for more pass oriented schemes. 

I wanted to draft Stefon Diggs, which would have made all trade talk for WRs a non issue.

Same here man, Diggs had the goods.  I kept hoping when he was dropping we would snag him.  But I think we had to much faith in brown. Diggs will probably end up as one of the better receivers in the draft.  I remember arguing with people that I'd rather have Diggs in the later rounds then Dorsett early.

rotoworld has his cap hit @ 5 million next year, 5.5 the year after that, and 1 million in 2018. If there could be some restructuring done we could cut his cap hit to 3.75 mill for the next three seasons, In my opinion it would be worth it if he is playing like he is now. Either way I for sure see stu as a panther next year

Archived