• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt: trades that would make sense.. Megatron to Panthers

PanthersUnited

a 5th rd pick for Alshon Jeffery would be nice but it would be half a year rental since his contract is up and he's gonna get paid.

could Gman really pork Chicago again?  I mean if they would give him up I'm listening.  Dave doing Dave things with contracts I'd be curious.

He has a 24 million dollar cap hit next year.  And large hits after though (tho small dead money hits).

Not happening, never could, never would. 

Plus I personally believe he is not the same dominant player he was in the past.  I think he's lost a lot of speed over the years.

could Gman really pork Chicago again?  I mean if they would give him up I'm listening.  Dave doing Dave things with contracts I'd be curious.

It would be dumb for Chicago to do it for anything less than a 4th and we would be stupid to trade anything more than a 6th.

If they lose him to free agency then they are looking at a bare minimum of a 4th round comp pick and most likely a 3rd round pick in 2017. A 2016 5th round pick is not worth that.

Giving up more than a 6th would be dumb because to then actually make good on that investment we would have to give him a $12M+/year contract or we are just wasting it on a rental. That's fine for a 7th or conditional 6th but 5th is too much for that. We are also out of 6th's after the Norwood and Allen trades.

That trade will never happen. Megatron is more likely.

a 5th rd pick for Alshon Jeffery would be nice but it would be half a year rental since his contract is up and he's gonna get paid.

Who knows, we have good luck with Chicago trades... lol.

But, yeah, if (hypothetically) that trade WAS made and hypothetically we DID re-sign Marshall, then bye-bye J-No right?

Archived