• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ to get the start Dafuq?

chknwing

Link? 

I'm actually excited about it if so...  I mean, we started Hendo for how many years?  It's a welcome change, regardless of who it is, and from what I've seen, most of our fanbase wasn't very impressed with Lamb during the preseason.  Also, PJ started looking the part the further we got into the preseason. 

And regardless, I still believe his potential is a go-to scorer in the NBA, but I have also seen enough to think it's possible he isn't anything close to that.   Only way to tell either way, is to put him out there for extended minutes.  So, I like this move. 

Does it really matter?  He could still play less minutes than the person on the bench.

I'm actually impressed Clifford is playing a young guy and giving him a chance.  That should have us pretty happy actually, especially for Frank's chances of getting PT.

Actually makes sense.  Lamb is banged up and was not very good in the preseason.  PJ if he can get hot would be the most dangerous three point shooter in this first unit.  Maybe he gets hot and makes a difference.  Big opportunity for him let's see what he can do.

Also this is basically Clifford telling Lin the second unit is his.

I would rather see what we have in young guys like Hairston and Lamb than starting an Elliott Williams who is a career 15th man just because he's a veteran. 

Also remember just because a guy starts, he won't necessarily get the bulk of the minutes.

In addition, they've also been playing a lot of Lin at the 2 with Kemba. I don't know how that has worked out or how much they plan on deploying it this year, but it's been done.

Archived