• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam isn't the rushing QB Mike Vick was...

Jeremy Igo

I really wish they'd stop comparing Cam to Vick.  Cam is a better passer through this point in his career, and he's a different style of runner.  Comparing Vick to Cam would be like comparing Jim Brown to Marshall Faulk, they play the position in totally different ways.  Fact of the matter is that Cam is a very unique talent, and I think instead of us comparing him to other players, we need to realize that in the history of the NFL, there has only been 1 Cam Newton and future QB's of his build and skillset will be compared to him.

I really wish they'd stop comparing Cam to Vick.  Cam is a better passer through this point in his career, and he's a different style of runner.  Comparing Vick to Cam would be like comparing Jim Brown to Marshall Faulk, they play the position in totally different ways.  Fact of the matter is that Cam is a very unique talent, and I think instead of us comparing him to other players, we need to realize that in the history of the NFL, there has only been 1 Cam Newton and future QB's of his build and skillset will be compared to him.

Cam is like some ridiculous MEGA fusion of Big Ben and Mcnabb before I compare him to Vick.

I miss those scrappy battles between Dan Morgan, young TD, Pep, Ruck, etc going against the Speed Demon Vick.

A shame Vick had to do what he did. 

Maybe, but I sure as hell don't miss listening to the commentary during those games. My god, listening to commentators  made it seem as if the Panthers were lucky to have Vick grace them with his presence on the field.

Cam is a freak of nature, he's got a top flight running backs talent and skill set in a 6-5 250ilb frame with an explosive arm.

Since he came into the league you can actually compare his rushing numbers to big time running backs. 

But thanks to his position, he doesn't have as much wear and tear.

Archived