• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Official...

chknwing

My ex and our "couple" friends at the time all turned 40 before me and had weekends, parties, etc. and I was looking forward to doing something cool - 

I turned 40 3 months after my ex split, and I ended up spending it in California with my sister which was nice but seemed like of like a consolation prize, although i did get to see Spaceship One go into space for the first time when I was out there.

In the grand scheme of things it was not that big a deal after it was all said and done, keep your head up!

I was apprehensive about age milestones also, but, they came and went with no big deal.  The 50's have not been kind, not because of the milestones but stupid stuff like needing readers, cholesterol readings, back spasms, etc.  Just a bunch of physical stuff that constantly reminds you that you are older.  Dont sweat the mental age milestones, if you are healthy, it's all good

The only alternative to turning 40 is not turning 40. 

Different paradigm. Happy Birthday. 

Thats how I view it too. Great perspective. People dread getting older...I don't as everyday is my lucky day. Sometimes I have to remind myself that when I get irritated or down.

Archived